Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Today is my Mommy's birthday, and so, I have made a short slideshow presentation for her.

I would have uploaded it to YouTube, but to have the world looking at my Mom is a bit weird. At least here on my blog, chances of the WHOLE FRIGGIN' world looking at my video is less. Nyahaha.

Enjoy this first experimentation of mine on Windows Movie Maker. Heh. Don't laugh at the dodgy pics, okay?

Soundtrack: Cherry Sky by Sotte Bosse (I couldnt think of a more suitable one)

Pictures: mostly taken in Kijal.

Original poem: by me. Who else?

Take One...thousand and four.

As part of our wholesome and fulfilling education in our Uni, we are required, from time to time, to complete assignments which threaten our sanity and destroy our social lives.

There is, of course, absolutely nothing wrong with that: or the late nights and hours spent in front of a computer (or laptop, choose your poison, people) until our eyeballs are irradiated with dangerous rays.

Nothing wrong with the panda eyes and the lack of sleep time, toilet time and meal-times. Nothing wrong with all that. Nope. Nuh uh.

Since I love assignments so much (they're so great for my complete well-being) there is nothing that will bring me more delight than to dedicate an entire section of my blog post on it. Delightful!

This semester, we have the exciting and exhilarating job of producing not ONE news broadcast, but TWO news broadcasts. One for radio, and one for television. On top of that, we have to produce also a report of what we did during the production of said news broadcasts.

(Here, I would like to take a moment to thank my group members, IS and J - for their hard work and for our excellent teamwork. As many of you may know, I am sometimes difficult to work with. I tend to worry when its not appropriate, and go nonchalant when I should be worrying. I can do good work, but expect lots of fussing and emo-ing along the way. >_< )

Despite my sarcasm, don't let me fool you. I enjoyed this assignment. (horror!) Yes I did. I doubt that I was much help (besides flapping my hands about and making bloopers) but I can safely say that it was an experience.

As for another assignment, it involves building an online newspaper, and it is here that I take my hats off to MZ and M. I can't build a website to save my life. All I can do is write. Har har. It has taken a back seat to Broadcast, but I am working on it.

So, despite the late nights and the fuss, I am happily surprised that we made it on time (no SUPER last-minuteness) and churned out some decent work. Now let's hope we all survive this 70% weightage coursework.

Gulp.

I bit off so much more than I can chew.

I tend to do that a lot. Sometimes I stop and think, am I getting my priorities wrong? Shouldn't I be working on my assignments instead?

I think, this semester, I did. I neglected a lot of what I should be doing in favour for a chance to get money and fill up my resume with articles. I think many of you, dear friends, are nodding your heads. I know you think I am neglecting my Uni work, and that I deserve every bit of trouble I am having. And you would be right.

How can I ever explain why I do this even though I tear my hair out and go bonkers with all I have to do? How can I expect anyone to understand that its more than money, more than bylines, more than pride?

I can't, so I won't. But I reap what I sow, and so reap I shall.

...and its 2000 words this year.

Next year, it shall be 3000, followed by 4000... yes, again, my friends, NaNoWriMo is a failure.

>_<

Mainly because I ran outta steam, despite having a pretty okay idea in my head, and also because I found that I have so much other writing to do. Bah.

Sorry V dear. T-T Thanks for all your cheerleading, though. ^^,

So, thats all for this round. Now, on to more work!~

No comments: