Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sometimes the world deals you lemons

... and the only thing you can do, really, is shove it in your own face and taste the sour-ness, because lemonade is over-rated.

How do you make lemonade from life's lemons anyways? If it were that easy, well, baby, nobody'd get emotional breakdowns and slit their own wrists. Or burn themselves. Or jump off buildings. Or gas themselves in the car. Or consume pills of every shape, colour, size so that the job is gonna be done properly. Or hang themselves from the ceiling.

sounding like a blog for 'how to commit suicide' now.

But I digress.

I've been handed some nasty lemons. The ones that have crinkly skin, look utterly unappealing, and can only be decribed as 'wtf those are lemons???'

a.k.a those you find in the supermarket for an unbelievably expensive price, wrapped up and labelled as 'Egypt lemons' with a RM 3.99 tag, for three lemons. THREE. Check it out if ya dont believe me.

I digress again.

My lemons were shoved into my face, and there was squat I could do about it. But ever so often -

just sometimes!

-they get better.

Maybe you get used to them. Maybe the sourness goes away when you've had tonnes of them, and you just decide to give it your all (burn a few taste buds along the way) and -

- just sometimes!

things get better. Things get better.

Last post being emo, this post, perhaps I am more melancholy? Its now the end of my three-year journey, and truly, how much longer can I go on holding on to my troubles?

hugs in return for LM and V, who are truly the sweetest people ever, sorry I've been such a downer lately.

I am an open book, and I wear my heart on my sleeves. I've been that way from the very beginning, and for that, when I get upset, its quite easy to see.

Still, I have to learn how to tuck my feelings and heart into my pockets when I start work. There ain't no room for emotions in work.

I want to go Penang or Melaka with you guys. I do. I wanna eat pork satay, and I wanna have one last round of pure, unadulterated fun with my friends before work eats up my life.

Oh. Did I mention? I can. Lol. The dinos have given the green light.

Maybe thats why I am grinning.

^^,

2 comments:

vic said...

lol! this post is like a joke with the punchline at the bottom!
oh well, mum (LM) taught me well. xP

and yes, we hear you loud and clear! pooooooooork sataaaaayyy~~ *_*

*glomp*

teh ais limei said...

*Homer's voice* Mmmm... Pork satay and unadulterated fun...

Hey when the world deals you lemon, make teh o ais limau lah! support a bit mah and u can add all the sugar you want because malaysia boleh.

Anyway, with all due humbleness, yes I taught my doter well in being sweet. We are both very sweet people. Must be all the twiggies we survive on (if you dunno what I'm talking about, ask my doter).

XD *GLOMPS!*