Friday, August 13, 2010

Of all things neither here nor there

So it's been not at all long since my last post and you're all probably bored of me by now. Don't worry, I'm bored of me too. It happens.

But because I am a narcissistic and self-indulgent creature of impulses and emotion, I shall regale you with tales of backbone aches, work and my impending alcoholism. Because, you know, I roll like that mah.

(Please note that there is some amount of alcohol left in my bloodstream as I am typing this, so if what I say is a bit out of character then please, do strap me in a straightjacket and lock me way from the sweet temptress called BEER)

I am also suffering from a backache la, so I am just going to be an all-round whiny bitch la.

Nights Out of Home: 3/5

I've not been back for dinner almost this entire week, so mommy and daddy are giving me funny, somewhat hurt looks. Trust me Mom & Dad, I want to be home too, but sometimes I need to see the world outside of the four walls of my home.

That being said I miss going early to bed. And eating hot dinner with my family. And eating Daddy's cooking. And being home to watch the telly with my Dad, or tease my Mom.

But I also need to get out. Sometimes I feel like my skin is too tight and I want to escape from whatever invisible binds that hold me together.

Because I am someone always needing to be in control, I want to lose control even more badly than any normal human being. Sometimes I want to push my own boundaries and see what happens. I want to throw caution to the wind and do something so stupid I will never ever do it again or failing that, die trying.

But at the same time I am the scared puppy with the tail tucked between the legs, growling and showing ineffectual teeth. It's like being on two extreme ends of things, and neither is plausible but both are very much lusted for.

I think I may lose my mind just re-reading that sentence above.

I think YOU have lost respect for me reading that sentence above. Hur hur.

But if you've ever had the urge to do something you know you shouldn't do, you'd know how it feels.

Staring out into the crowd at Beer Factory in Sunway Giza yesterday, and seeing my colleagues (they're friends too) having a great time on three towers of Carlsberg (I hung out in Hoegaarden with Stella), I had an epiphany brought on by one and a half pints of Stella Artois:

"This is what adults do eh? It's nice. It's really nice."

Not so much the drinking. It's the whole experience that comes with having a few pints with friends and colleagues. Beer is only the liquid that greases the conversation, helps loosen the tongue and frees us from our taut lives for just a short while.

Added to that good company and great people, who could ask for more? Its not about what you're doing, it's who you're with while you're doing it. This same principle applies to sex, movies, dinner and gaming. (Bad game? Bad movie? Who cares? It's with someone you like and enjoy being around!)

So yeah. I may have overshot my budget a bit, but it was worth it. I needed to laugh at anything and everything, because when you've got a few pints in you, everything anyone says is funny as hell.



The very funny people I know; all ex-MT - L to R: Ivan's arm with ciggarette, Eliza (who was in sales in MT 3 yrs ago), Terrence, former sales and marketing manager, Kiru, best person ever who was our uni-coll exec, and Michan, Kiru's BF.



Former intern Alvin, CK (who was our IT guy now in S'pore working), and LJ. Who is in a weird pose. But it was good to see him, since I missed out on his housewarming shindig.



Aaaaand the whole gang. Malas want to intro edy. Lol.

Yeah, so the whole bunch of kaki botol came out to the watering hole, and I enjoyed my time with them like madness. So what if I have to drink and be a total 'eat my words'? I think it's a small price to pay to get to know people outside of work situations.

Because Lord knows sometimes it's so hard to just get up everyday.


Nights in Pain from Backbone

I sleep in the worst position one can imagine - foetal, back curled, blankets pulled up to the neck, chin nearly touching chest. I think it's a defense mechanism in case the Boogeyman (or Kakaman) comes to get me. He will take one look at me, declare me an insecure child with low self-esteem (because 'em psychiatrists say that ppl who sleep in foetal position are insecure and unhappy people, and we ALL know those guys are always right, pfft, shyeah, right) and then leave me unharmed.

Yeah.

So I have bad posture too, I hunch over my computer like an old grandmother, so one day, upon returning home, I bent over to wash my hands on the sink and felt this stabbing, burning pain in my lower back.

I was immobilised for ten seconds. Very bad juju.

So now it still aches, even though its been over a week, and the more I go around the more it hurts. I think I need my spine-readjusting.

(insert pun joke about being spineless here)

I need to change something in my life so I may sleep with my arms at my sides, CONFIDENT and SELF-ASSURED even when I am asleep. CAN ANYONE ACTUALLY SLEEP CONFIDENTLY? YOU TELL ME. WTF.

Anyways. It is the aching now, so I'm just going to insert one long GROAN in this post.

GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN.


Having Dinner with Friends

Did, however, manage to have dinner with Bra Man and JE some days back. It was great, and awesome, and it was then that I watched Inception la. Bloody good movie. Made me think. I need to think or my brain may degenerate further ok.

Didn't manage to catch the couple, though, of V and K. Sigh.



Yeah anyway this drivel has gone on for too long. Bye now.

1 comment:

teh ais limei said...

I do understand how it feels - to be caught between being a skydiver and a puppy with his tail between its legs. I suppose we'd never know which path is the best to take. We just gotta pick one. :)