Monday, August 2, 2010

The Times, They Are A-Changing

It's like pulling a band-aid.

Rip it out quick, and rip it out fast. So what if it hurts like a bitch. What's gotta go, gotta go. And this, THIS, has got to go. It hurts like a bitch (we've established THAT) but yeah well. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

And this girl has got to go. Go where? Back to the Sun Priestess.

There and Back Again: A Writer's Tale, by Pauline Wong

Odd, isn't it. I was going through my blog archives at random and landed on the post I wrote when I was preparing to enter into my internship at theSun. I was talking about how I wanted the Stars but I ended up with The Sun instead. Sun Priestess at that time was the HR exec (who no longer works there) and she was nice.

Two years can change someone so much.

In two years I've learnt that hard work sometimes gets you nowhere. I no longer respect or want to work with The S**r. In two years, I have seen how everything goes to hell when levels of dedication don't match. I've faced people who work like yo-yos, I've dealt with nice people and bad people, I know that sometimes being honest is going to ruin you, and worse: That people are suspicious and no, they do not trust you.

Trust is dead in the working world, and for anyone reading this (here's looking at the three of you, lol) TRUST IS NOT AN OPTION in the working world. People stab you at all times, and you stab people too sometimes, whether you meant to or not.

So now I go back to where I began. Back to where I realised I loved Journalism. Back (hopefully) to where I was once looking forward to completing my studies and foraging into the big, bad, frustrating yet exciting and interesting world that is Journalism.

Somewhere in between I had lost myself, and my love for it. I am now hoping to find it back. Because I need to. Desperately. Writing is the only thing I've ever done well and loved doing and if that is taken from me I will be a hollow shell.

(well technically I can't be a hollow shell thanks to my tendency to eat too much and vegetate in front of the computer but allow me some melodrama please? yes? thanks.)

So I sit here, typing away at my blog, waiting for some information to come in from a client. It's slow, and I was just told to buck up and contribute more by someone who seems to have forgotten I practically put the paper together, albeit rather clumsily and with too much naivety.

But it's water under a bridge. I need not deal with it anymore.

Come October, I am leaving for better prospects. And as far as anyone knows, thats why I am leaving.


And On a More Personal Level...

I dreamed of something that I regretted ever waking up from. It was so simple - a hug. Just a hug, and the words: "You're going to be alright." Who the hug was from was more important than the words, but at that moment my dream-heart was relieved - maybe I AM going to be alright even though I am foraging into uncharted (sort of) waters. That I am going to be okay no matter how much I will have to give up when I leave my current job.

Then my eyes went and opened themselves and first thing I thought was DAMN, NO, COME BACK.

But it's a dream right? Whisps. Mists. Flits away when reality comes crashing over you again.

I hate reality.


And Speaking of Dreams...

INCEPTION is the best goddamn movie of the year.

It is like Christopher Nolan has this checklist of things that mindfuck with moviegoers

- Gravity defiance
- WOBBLE
- BWOOOOONNGG
- Cillian Murphy, Joseph Gordon Levitt
- MINDFUCKERY DOODLE DOO
- AWESOME COOL
- Han Zimmer
- BLINK-and-YOU'LL-MISS-IT keyplots

Well-played, Mr Nolan. Well- played. If you haven't seen it, please do. If you've seen it, please drop a comment here and we'll mull it over. Yeah. For the record also, Cillian Murphy's EYES GOOD LORD HAVE YOU SEEN HIS BLUE EYES.

It totally turns the tables on the kind of CRAP movies we seem to be getting these days. It has all the elements of a classic: Mind-boggling stuff, edge of the seat excitement, FLAWLESS execution of plot, timing, pacing and music...

It is a troper dream come true, please visit it's trope page at www.tvtropes.org.

For a serious movie lover, its ORGASMIC stuff. Go. Click. GO.


No comments: