Friday, December 5, 2008

Don't make me Super Bark you outta that tree! ~ Bolt.



Before I begin, please indulge me and allow me this silent, virtual squeal.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

SOOOOOOOOOOOO CCCUUUUUUUTTTTTEEEEEE

*ahem*

As you can see from the above picture, I have gone and seen Bolt, the latest Disney offering. After reading that it got some decent reviews from RottenTomatoes, I decided to take my sis to go see it. 

Verdict: Its Goooooooood.

Yes, it is. 

The story begins with Bolt, as a puppy (insert squeal) who is so unbelievably cute that I died right there in the first 3 minutes of the movie from sheer tak-tahan-ness.

I came back when Bolt started defeating evil bad guys; with a super-heat gaze, a Super Bark, superdog-strength, and laser stare. And best is -Bolt actually believes he can do all this, and that his owner, Penny, is really in trouble each time. And every single time, he believes he has saved her from the baddies. Of course, he isnt'. Its just a movie, though Penny does indeed love him.

As you can see, this causes some delusions, which is not helped by the fact that he has never been out of the set of the movie. When one day he finds himself out of the movie set, he is confused, lost and sets off to look for Penny. Throw in a smart-ass cat, a crazy hamster (the hamster goes on to steal the show at some parts) and you got the usual Disney heart-warming qualities, when Bolt finds himself as a true hero at last -and not a made up one.

Won't give any spoilers, but let me say the best parts of the movie are:

1) Bolt. Gila cute. Adorable as heck. 

2) Rhino the hamster. Watch the movie to see what I mean. This is one heckuva hamster.

3) The pacing. Very fast, but without being choppy. Good doses of humour thrown in too -not the kind of slapstick humour, but the good ol' LOL types. There is some sly humour here and there too, which really adds to the script -making it less cheesy and juvenile than any of Disney's recent efforts. 

Some decent animation (ain't got nothing on Pixar, truly) and some nice music, good scripting and it was extremely entertaining. 

I won't compare it to Wall E, or to Ratatouille. Ain't fair on it, coz I think this is Disney's best effort this year. I truly do. 

Worth watching on cinema? You betcha. Worth watching TWICE on cinema? YEAH! I know I would.

But thats coz I love dogs. Nyahaha.

So... in the end: 

Rating: B+  ^^,




This is a fat-ass logo of our Broadcast Journalism news network -Banana TV and Banana FM, under the Banana News Network wing. Just for the fun of it. Nyahaha. 

However, its been a wild ride -but its OVER Ya'll! Its DONE! Its FINISHED!

Whee!

Now for exams. -_-.
 

Study group, anyone?


2 comments:

david santos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Esee said...

hey cute name for a news network! and a cute banana too! hehe. i likeys.