Thursday, December 11, 2008

I've been........

A-wondering.

I wonder why I can't flip my hair and smile at a guy with the corner of my lips and with a teasing twinkle in my eye, the way I see so many girls do. Or more specifically, my sister. 

She's a flirt, that one. Belum sampai 3 bulan break-up dengan satu, sekarang sudah ada satu lagi.

Very the cepat. Very the super-cepat. Somehow she gets the guys wrapped around her fingers like ribbon.

I wonder what secrets she has. She tries to teach me (I always suspect she was supposed to be born first) but I can't seem to grasp the fundamentals of Girly 101. (Okay, so I take lessons from my YOUNGER sis! Anyone got a problem?????)

Take for example, and I swear this is an actual conversation, no kid, pinky swear, etc etc....


Sis: See, dude, the thing is with guys you gotta go strong with some hints... they very the stupid one... must give strong strong hints only can... short of saying it to their face only. But you can't do that, so it must be subtle AND obvious at the same time.

Me: Hah? Whatchoo mean?

Sis: Like this. If you wanna say 'I like you' must say something like, 'you make me happy', then you must smile and gaze meaningfully into his deep, brown eyes. (Okay I took some liberties with the script, so sue me.) Hints, see? Subtle but obvious.

Me: Hah? Whatchoo mean?

Sis: Aiyo. Take for instance you like someone. Just try to smile at him, make him feel good about himself, spend time with him....hold back a bit sometimes though...

Me*oblivious*: Hah? Whatchoo mean?????? 

Sis: ........................ hopeless. So the hopeless. 

Me: Hah? Whatchoo mean hopeless??

Sis: .......... I give up.



(I was having a particularly goblok moment, and I was distracted by chocolate milk. It wasn't until later that I realised what she was saying. But personally I don't think it works lor.... or does it? (comments on that would be most welcome!))

Then she thwacked me on the head (I thwacked her back) and we discussed her latest BF. 

Her latest squeeze is a rather buff guy. Quite good-looking. Tall. I personally don't find him attractive. Or even remotely funny, though he tries to be.

But he makes her happy, and he is very much in love with her, so thats fine by me. 

Still, like my sis said also: 

Sis: Dude, you are who you are, and f*** any guy who can't accept that.

Sweetest thing she ever said to me, sans profanity. That's why I love my family. They always think there is nothing wrong with me even though there clearly is something wrong. Hahaha.



A-working


Studying for exams is no mean feat, really. You have to ignore the calls of BFME, Sims2, Warcraft.... and then you have to force yourself to keep reading about outdated online features... (the book dates back to 1999, thats so sad) and then when you're done reading you have to face a paper you can't answer.

All in either blazing hot room or freezing cold exam hall.

Worse, you have to turn down potentially lucrative assignments. *sadness*

As if the punchline (exams) isnt' enough of a killer, the pre-punchline (assignments) evokes memories of sleepless nights (quite literally, because I finally pulled my first ALL-nighter. Solid 38 hours of no sleep) and mounting pressure and silent tension.

I hate that one. Silent tension. Can cut the air with a friggin knife I tell you. It hangs in the air like week-old socks. Horrible. 

Glad that its done and over with.


Question of the Day:

Why the HECK can't I turn the Bloody TV on???

Answer: 

Coz Daddy pulled the plug out. 

Bah. Spent 15 minutes panicking that the TV went busted this morning before realising Daddy musta have fiddled around and pulled out the plugs or summat.





1 comment:

teh ais limei said...

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA thanks for saving me from my dry FYP. you and your sister's conv is so funny!

and no idea if looking deep into his eyes would work... but for me it would seem pretty scary if i'm a guy and a girl suddenly does that to me haha. but if i'm really guy maybe i'll feel damn kembang about it o_O