Friday, January 23, 2009

No More Makeshift Kitchen








After all my whining and moaning, the new 'wet' kitchen is finally done up. Its gorgeous. Its sparkling. Its spiffy. My dad is planning to turn the actual kitchen area into a dry kitchen/lounge area so I can entertain my friends and cook at the same time. Muahaha.


So here is an official invitation to you guys (and by you guys, you guys know who you are!): HOUSE WARMING, in February. On the menu: Beef stew with potatoes! Fried chicken! Cabbage with corned beef! My special omelletes and rice. If I got time I make soup. For dessert -chocolate mousse, what else??? Lol.


For entertainment, we have cards and Monopoly. Don't cringe! Monopoly with friends (more than 5) is uber-fun.


Sunrise over Sin Chew


Thought the sky looked so pretty, like a painted picture. Sorry my camera phone ain't the greatest, nor are my photography skills. Heh.

And here is something I have never seen (which I think is rather stupid, really), but J said its common....

What the -

4 comments:

vic said...

but elmo's red!! looks more like cookie monster..xP

yays! HOUSE WARMING! wait, are we the main dish? sounds like a lotta meaty dishes but mayhaps the dinos no think it enough..hmm...

oh well, here's wishing you Happy Chinese New Year! may you be showered with ang paus and good food! ^^

Ithildin Galad said...

oops. yeah. cookie monster. but you never know...

as for house warming... ehe. i suggest u guys come bearing heavy armor and a roast suckling pig.

Hahahahaha.

and you have a gloriously huge angpau CNY too! bring on the mandarin oranges! wooot~!

Christine said...

cabbage with corned beef..u know how to make that?
teach me teach me..
i wanna learn..
someone i know loves it and i wanna impress that someone..
hahahahahahha..

Ithildin Galad said...

ahh. its very easy! sure i can teach u!

step 1) fry the corned beef with garlic n butter, until it turns a dark brown, but not burnt

2) blanch cabbage -meaning boil for short while till slightly soft then quickly put in cold water and drain.

3) fry cabbage with butter, some garlic, and a dash of salt, pepper and chicken stock granules very briefly, if overfry it will soften too much and start to 'sweat'

4) toss in corned beef

5) stir until well-mixed and serve!

its simple as ABC. Just remember to get the Cameron cabbage and NOT beijing cabage. beijing cabbage sweat too much, which will make the whole dish soggy.

and there u have it! ^^,