Monday, February 11, 2008

Day One in Newsdesk.... and then some

Tomorrow I will be following a senior journalist out to an assignment.

Her name is Pauline. Pauline Puah.

My name is Pauline. Pauline Wong (aka Whales, but that is NOT a glam name to be known by, I mean, check this out: 'Hi, Whales from theSea, nice to meet you.' Nuh uh. Not cool.)

I can see it now.

-_-'

Everyone cue: sweattttttt.

I can sense the confusion coming.

She says: Hi, Pauline, from theSun.

I say: Hi, also Pauline, also from theSun.

They say: Ehhhh???

And we go: Ha ha ha ha ha (cue: fake, forced laughter)

But I am kind of looking forward to it; after all, she is a very nice person (first hand info from TK, who previously went on an assignment with her) and she is very friendly. One of the first few people who bothered to talk to us insignificant interns.

However, today's foray into newsdesk marks a first-hand experience of some serious pro-government rallying.

I won't go into details, but lemme just say this:

I will mark the 'X' when I see some work done to improve UTAR. Because seriously man, 'em toilets are busted.

GET SOMETHING DONE SO WE UTAR-IANS CAN PEE IN STYLE!

I am talking GOLD seats. And silver flush handles and marble floors and crystal lights. And heat sensor taps. AND 400-ply tissues to wipe our faces and hands. Heck, bring in Egyptian cotton!

Yarrrrr!!!

*realises she has just lost her mind and retires to her smelly, grubby bed.*

Goodnight all. I retire.

3 comments:

Sypher said...

I see the news desk has rendered your brain useless. It is now mush LOL. Yeah! Gold seats, silver handles and crystal light bulbs! So that we can steal 'em and get rich.

Memedi-kun said...

And me doing crime just for that one moment and hot on your asses.

Ithildin Galad said...

i have nuthin to do with that criminal called Spork.

I am innocent of his blasphemous comments on my blog.