Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Its that time again.

When the whole Kuala Lumpur seems to be decked in red and orange (and all manner of cheerful yet tacky colours) and cheesy CNY songs fill shopping malls and make you slightly embarrassed to be Chinese because all the non-chinks are busy giving you dirty looks that say 'You Chinese and your horribly tacky, unappealing, cheesy songs; prosperous and well-intentioned though they may be.'

It's the time when your mom goes in a frenzy of house cleaning, citing 'getting rid of last years' bad luck' though she forgets at this kind of time it may be closer to getting rid of THIS years' good luck. -_-'

But, since she's mommy and she bought me a nice white shirt (like the ones I've always wanted) and since she's frying 'lin ko' for me I shall oblige, and I have already done so and did the most thorough house cleaning she ever saw. (smug) MUCCCH better job than me bro at least.

I am House Cleaning Genius.

I am Mop Master.

I am Sweeping Sensation.

Ahem.

Bad pun-names aside, I am also feeling much less blue and down, largely due my friends (thanks loads peeps!!!!) and due to the stack of:

Chocolate cake.
Lin ko.
Mandarin oranges.
Cookies.
Sweet tidbits.
and all manner of sugar-spiking treats.

-all of which are sitting pretty in my fridge, on the cupboard, or on the shelves. May I mention most of it is free since my mom gets hampers quite often?? Yay.

But it's great to have friends who care for you, and allow you to rant, and this, like I have said before, is amazing.

My CNY seems set to be filled with food and hopefully some generous pickings on angpaus. Lord knows I need the little bit of money, especially now. Every cent counts.

Also, my Switchfoot concert coverage is out, and though pics are still on-the-way, I shall put up the link on me blog to me article. XD

http://www.sun2surf.com/article.cfm?id=20696

I thought of the headline. Heh. It's cheesy I know, but I can't help it. Check out the bad puns all through the article, guys. Heh.

Hmm.

Here's to great friendships and Happy Chinese New Year, everyone!!!!!!!

2 comments:

vic said...

*glomps*
drop by my house to help finish cookies! XD
Happy Cheesy CNY to you too..! we may be tacky but hey, it's only once a year (at least, i hope so. :p)

Esee said...

hey hey girl..i saw your byline in the Sun you is now the famous reporter! wait, your name is pauline wong right? eheh.