Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Whale Returns to the Sea.

East coast seas, that is.

Hello all. After a loooong absence (I don't think my video-post counts) I am back because now I have SOMETHING to blog about. Or, at least, I have the mood to blog.

Ahem.

So lets begin.



KIjaL, KiJaL.

Three days ago (Friday, May 9) me and me dinos and my fellow dino-victims, I mean, siblings went off to our lovely east coast beach to a little place called Kijal, Terengganu. Its not some cool popular spot like Redang or even Cherating and has:

1 spot of civilisation - the shops outside the hotel, consisting 2 Chinese (halal) restaurants, one Malay restaurant, one clinic, one Korean food shop, one bar, one laundry, one grocery shop, and one KFC. And one hair salon too, oddly enough. XD.

1 lovely beach stretch + fishing spot - at the hotel itself, stretching for at least, I swear, 20 km. Easily a 3-hr walk.

1 three-bedroom apartment - located at a 5-star hotel, which my mom pulled strings and got for REAL cheap, RM 116 a night only! (three bedrooms, fully furnished, kitchen, hall, two toilets and all.)

I am sure it has:

1 fishing village - mom went and bought five small sea fish. Fresh, but nothing special. Dad joked that they so small they is smaller than the little fish he caught along the beach. (they are not. Dad has a way of exaggerating.)

1 very large unidentified fish - which my dad caught but the slippery bugger escaped my dad's net (we'll get him next time, dad!)

1 gazillion yellow-shelled crabs - they were running around the beach/shore and freakin' me out each time they crawl near my arse.

I am positively convinced also that place has:

1 very confused negro man - he wasn't sure if those aforementioned crabs were poisonous so he asked and we gave him conflicting answers. I said no, not poisonous, just deadly, my mom said no la, they bite only, my bro said avoid them and my sister said they contain lethal neurotoxins. No, just kidding. My dad got a clip from their pincers and he's fine. So no toxins. Muahaha.

1 freakin-huge jellyfish of unidentified species but looks fatal nonetheless - it was floudering on the shoreline, and freaked my mom and me out, its HUGE, bigger than human head, the head part was. *shudder*

1 very happy family who stayed there for three days and two nights and will most definitely return (and most definitely will be avoiding jellyfish) - mine la!


We set off from home (we being my family, bro's wife included, in little MyVi while dad drove the Frontier up) earlier than usual, say around 9 ++ and we reached Kijal with no exciting three-tonne lorry overturning. Ate lunch at the restaurant at the shoplots outside the hotel, and then on towards our usual apartment, (second floor this time, thankfully. We had third floor once and it was madness) and then straight to the beach!!!!!!!

So sorry no pics. Sis forgot to take for me. Hmmph.

We pretty much spent the first day at the beach, playing about till the sun went down a bit. Then we went for dinner.

The next day, woke up in the morning (dad, sis n bro woke early to go beach to go cast for fish, which they caught a good 20 of) and me and my mom headed to play at the beach. I wanted a tan, but the sun resolutely remained shy and the skies for the whole day was just hiding behind clouds, so weather was actually fantastic. Warm but not blazing. Perfect for beach but I wanted a tan. -_-'.

Then after a good frolicking around in the sea and sand and sun (frolick I say but I was more waddling about the water with my mom, too chicken to go in deeper but wanting to paddle so I settled for a half-paddle, half-float, fully-ridiculous whale-style paddle) we ate some KFC and then a nap. I didnt' nap, thanks to freezing air-con, so I sat at the hall area and read and listened to me mp3.

Then when everyone woke up, beach again!!!

All in all, a great trip, spent almost all our money on food alone (cakes and pastries at the hotel is 50% off after 9pm!) and had a wonderful time.

It was what my whole family needed anyway. We needed a break, we're seriously burnt out.


IrONMaN, IroNMan.

Rather late for me to be blogging about it, but it was definitely worth raves. Reviews for this movie is generally positive, and many have said Downey Jr's performance was superb. I agree, in fact, the movie impressed me (40 and his pecs look like THAT??? Impressive!) and the plot was enjoyable, the acting was quite good, the effects were super-sweeeeeeet.

Looking for a movie to watch? Watch Ironman. Seriously.


SIMS2

I finally know how to upload pics, I found the pics that I can take on Sims2 and so once I take some nice ones you'll see them here. Lol. I've even got a nice story planned out.

*big grin*

Okay, so now that I have blogged, I shall return to haunting the world wide web and seeing if Vampire Knight 5 is out.


Oh joy, it is!



Goodbye y'all. =)

3 comments:

vic said...

welcome baaaaaaaaaaack~!!! *glomps*

aw, so nice! sun, sea and sand and not a care in the world for 3 days except the size of the fishes you catch. lol. for all that, must bugger you more now you back! keke

Esee said...

Hey pauline glad you had a great holiday there!

Aren't beaches awesome?!!

Azlina said...

hey there,

do u know where or how ur mother got the RM115 per night offer for the 3 bedroom apartments at awana kijal?

azlina