Saturday, March 6, 2010

Of Flaming Lamborghini and Black Russian

And luckily I did not use plurals to describe them both. Or I would have died from an alcohol overdose. HAHAHAHA - okay, not funny actually. Ahem.

Yesterday, 5th of March, 2 days post-birthday: Colleagues JA, Ivn, Rchd, LJS and CK conspired to intoxicate me to the extent I start dancing on poles. KR was designated 'drive P-chan home once she is drunk'.

BUT ahaha. I did not dance on poles. In fact, I am frickin' good at drinking. I WAS drunk, yes, make no mistake. And I did puke, yes, make no mistake.

BUT I WAS IN CONTROL. Muahahahaha.

So now I sit before my laptop, feeling kinda heady and giddy and sleepy. As I sms-ed my colleague, I am no worse for wear - the hangover is not so much a hangover as it is a kind of loopy feeling. Which is kind of unpleasant but not unbearable.

BUT by God's good name. NEVER AGAIN. I solemnly vow to not touch beer for AT LEAST A MONTH. Serious. I've had enough alcohol to last me for at least ten years.

So here is what happened. (Pictures are terrible, but it was very dark.)

7+ in the evening:


L-R: Rchd, CK, Ivn, JA. Best colleagues ever. (out of pic is JA's BF)


Arrive at Library, Cineleisure, found a nice seat and yes, witness the beer glasses. Lol. It was bright and sunshiney and the beer was already flowing. But beer is beer right, so it's okay for me. I can handle two pints easy. So we are drinking and I am feeling all warm and fuzzy and happy right.

Then night-time came. And LJ showed up. Yeah, by then I was kinda gone so, no pics, sorry. Haha.


The scenery in Library at night. That's all I managed to capture before the Flaming Lamborghini came.

Ahhh where do I begin with the Flaming Lamborghini? How about the recipe? The ingredients are a combination of blue curacao, coffee liqueur (Bailey's and Kahlua's) and erm, yeah. It doesn't sound too bad, but drinking THAT was an adventure in itself.

What happens is the blue curacao is lighted up and goes up in flames. Then they pour the blue liquid through a chute of sorts, and into a small shot of Kahlua's and Bailey's at the end. Once the coffee liqueur has flames on it's surface, you drink it through a straw, all in one gulp.

Goddamn delicious. Hur hur hur. Really, really nice because I love Bailey's. (In other circumstances that would have sounded dirty.)

So that wasn't so bad. Have had already 5 glasses (small) of beer and feeling supremely woozy. World was all fuzzy, glasses came off (so I don't break it) and face was hot as heck. Things were suddenly really, really niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

I was talking a fair bit of crap too. Can't remember what I said but judging from the delighted faces of my colleagues, it must have been awesome blackmail material.

And so there I was, singing off-key, swaying to the music (I was swaying anyway from the alcohol) and having shit-loads of fun.

Then the Black Russian came. He took the rest of me to the toilet. In a good way. (Yeah, that sounds dirty NOW.)

But make no mistake. It was DAMN tasty too. (At this point, JA kidnapped my phone to update my Twitter in a most drunken manner, IT WASN'T ME.)

The Black Russian was courtesy of Adrn, JA's BF, who told me that he would be deeply offended if I did not down the whole glass. So I did. Because you musn't offend people.

So I did.

In it is a mix of coffee liqueur and vodka. Yeap. VODKA. The Russian H2O. Super nice.

And it was Mr. Black Russian who had me at the loo, twice, puking my guts out. But despite all that, I was still cracking jokes. Ask KR and JA if you don't believe me. I RAWK.

Beer count by then 6 glasses. I think.

SO the equation last night was:

1 Flaming Lamborghini + 1 Black Russian + 6 beers + (4 x puking) = ONE HECKUVA AWESOME BIRTHDAY.

THANK YOU THANK YOU to all. I shall remember this birthday for the rest of my life.

AND MOST OF ALL to KR; who brought me home safe and sound.

And now I shall leave everyone who knows me with their jaws hanging at my drunken behaviour. Sorry guys. Work has devoured the goody-two-shoe Whales you know.

In her place is a not-so-good Whales who, finally, has learnt to have some adult fun.

(GEEZ that is the dirtiest, I am signing off now. BYE)

No comments: