Friday, June 27, 2008

Yesterday, for the very first time, I bought and tore open a pack of Durex 'Tingle' condoms and:


unrolled,

handled

&

fondled

the condom.

(you may start laughing now)


It began in Tesco, after we had a rowdy discussion about our CSA assignment (in McD's), involving the use of words like 'sex' and 'condoms'.

I was buying two bars of chocolates and two packs of Double Decker Pranky Prawn crackers (my ol' Dino loves that stuff and has been hinting at eating it) and MZ and K joined me and I stupidly pointed out a whole row of Durex condoms just by the counter.

Me: Eh. Look. (points) (eyebrows raised)

MZ: Eeee! (rushes to where I point)

K: Ooh. (joins MZ)

So they went to discuss which is better and whatnot, while I stand there and wait for my turn to fork out hard earned money to indulge my Dino's cravings (and mine! Lol) and I noticed the old man standing behind me.

He was there, just glaring and eyes shooting daggers at K and MZ. I swear, I could SEE him thinking

"Kids these days."


Then I caught his eye and he turned his glare on me. It was SO full of disapproval, it wasn't real.

I laughed my head off. Silently.

I mean, c'mon. Its research! We're UNIVERSITY students and we're doing research. So MZ picked out the 'Tingle' condoms ("I wanna see if it really 'tingles' when you hold it in your hands") and tossed it to me to pay for it. (With her money, RM 6)

In so, in the car, they (Bozu, M, MZ, and K) forced me to open it. 3 small silver sachet-like foil packets were in there. MZ gave me one.

I sat there, looking at it, unsure completely of even how to open the damn thing. XD

Finally, after much yelling and much 'JUST OPEN IT LA DAMMIT!' I did, and a very strong smelling mint-flavoured condom was in there.

O.o.

My first time seeing a condom. Seriously. I freaked.

(I mean, I know what it looks like and stuff, I mean, I watch TV you know, but never seen it up close and in my own hands)

I stared at it like a dumb dumb, unsure of what to do with it.

"Take it out of the packet la!".

I hesitated. Like the stupid dumb dumb that I am. XP

Then finally, after being exasperated by my unwillingness to touch it, MZ grabbed it out of my fingers and dumped the condom itself onto my palms.

"There!"

And I laughed my head off, with the round thingy on my palms.

"Unroll it la dumb dumb!" said K, with M and Bozu laughing.

"How????? I don't know how!!!!" (Is it even rolled up???? I dont know!) said me.

So began Lesson One for P-chan's Condom Education 101.

It ended with product testing, when Bra-man blew it up (like a balloon!) and tossed it around class, giggling maniacally. (And I heard J saying 'OH, GOD DANG IT'. Muahahaha.)

Durex is very tough, btw. Bra-man tried poking holes in it, and it didn't quite burst. Thats a quality product, people!

By the way, the conclusion was that the skin on the man's *ahem* is more sensitive than any other skin on the body because the condom didnt' tingle on my hands.


A Day of Immense Firsts

First time buying and seeing a condom. First time eating Vietnamese Beef Noodles. Sounds better than it tasted, by the way, but with some chilli (I know, I know, but hey. I opened a condom. Whats a bit of chilli????) in it, it actually tasted better.

It wasn't that good, but hey, like M said, "Its the company you're with that matters." I agree, and like I've always said, who cares what you eat, its the company that counts. :)

I rarely get to eat dinner with my friends so yesterday Bra-man, LM, M and MZ was my dinner 'gang' (and what a great gang :)) and we went to this Food Court place in Taman Megah. Variety was mad there, man. Too much variety.

First time sleeping in Media Ethics class, despite two cups of coffee (not strong enough, thats why). First time also witnessing the:

Breakdown of Verbal Communication (aka Six Steps Away!)

at Mz's and M's place. I was standing there, just enjoying their company and chilling out when I noticed that MZ was chatting with M.

M was sitting in the hallway, exactly SIX steps away from MZ, and they were MSN-ing.

And I said, incredulously:

"You guys are chatting?? What happened to verbal comunication??"

To which M and MZ burst out into laughter at my (very) befuddled face. I mean, I know sometimes even my sis and I do that but to have each other within SIGHT and within EARSHOT.....

Still, to each his own :) Its alright as long as they DO still communicate verbally. Lol.


An interesting day with a less-than-stellar ending, but nonetheless having dinner with pals are great. May never be able to show my face at Tesco Mutiara but oh well.....


There are other Tesco stores. XP

No comments: