Friday, July 18, 2008

I gots the sickness.

I pride myself on being really healthy. I do. I rarely get sick (except for a few times here and there, very rarely and usually very mild/nothing serious) and I somehow am miraculously immune to my sister and her penchant for bringing home diseases of all exotic kinds.

I've always mantained that I've caught every strain of viral cough, cold or fever out there while I was at National Service (I was more sick in the three months there than I've ever been in my entire life) and hence I am immune to at least most types of viruses out there.

I even caught measles of a new strain and survived nicely, without infecting anyone else. When I get fever also I take a few panadol, sleep and am fine.

Then Wednesday happened. It started with a headache, a nasty one no doubt, that was a throbbing at the sides of my head. Then it moved to a nasty sharp pain at the front of my head.

(V proposed that my brain was overloaded with trying to think AND stay sane after the movie and the car ride with Bra-man and couldn't take it and hence decided to rebel. I liked the thoery, but I thought the headache was caused by lack of uninterrupted sleep and a certain monthly nuisance at first.)

It continued all through the night, so I gulped down 4 Panadol (its actually my sis's prescription Paracetamol (500mg) but for convenience sake I shall use Panadol) and went to bed. Yes, it was a nasty headache indeed.

Slept like the dead, woke up late, and decided to go for Ms. PyL's and Ms. PL's class and not Money's.

Still had a slight throbbing in my head, and my head felt heavy, but generally fine enough to board the train and get my arse to class. Did not really have a fever or whatever. I mean, when I get a fever my body feels really cold, you know?

So then I stood in the crowded train, squashed, smashed and altogether uncomfortable.

Then I realized something aint' quite right with my head. So I took a cab instead of a bus.

Then when I got to uni, the headache returned with a vengeance and decided 'hey, lets mess up this whale and give her a bad time'.

(I think it also did a few somersaults for good measure)

Then started feeling really, really, really cold. (Though the air conditioning may be to blame here.)

Then got really woozy, and my head weighed a tonne. Then had J and K scolding me to go home, but I stubbornly refused (HELLO?? I spent 7 bucks to get here! I will damn well attend class!) and wanted to stick it through.

I insisted I was fine. (I honestly think if not for the fact I am so big those two would have forcibly and bodily dumped me into a bus/cab and packed me off home.)

But I was okay la, honestly..........................

I mean, I didnt' collapse, right??? I was just.... off-colour.

*please leave me my pride, thanks very much*

Then MZ fetched me home after I decided that damn, I am gonna puke soon so I'd better go home.

Thanks MZ. Really, really. Lunch is on me.

And thanks also to J, Bra and K, and KK (who followed in the car) and everyone for all you guy's concern.

I promise I wont' try something stupid like going to class while I am not feeling well and causing you guys trouble again.

Don't really know what caused my head to go all messed up like that, but I propose:

1) Cumulative effects of my past few weeks of interrupted sleep (kept getting up at odd hours, had some diffculties falling alseep too, staying up too late.)

2) My emo-tripping+sleep deprivation+not really getting enough exercise+no peace of mind

3) Bra-man's traumatising remarks. Hahahahaha. No la. He actually sort of did make me feel better with his insane jokes.

So when I got home I slept. Slept and slept and slept. Woke up feeling really, really, really lethargic, but definitely infinitely better.


:)

Alls well that ends well, ya'll.

RAWR, I am back!

No comments: