Saturday, July 12, 2008

Of Spring, Nay, Monsoon, Cleaning and Sheer Laziness

Today I embarked upon 5 hours of unpaid labour (which, by common definition, means slave labour)

What I had initially thought would a nice lazy day with a good ol' sleep-in turned out to be (I quote J)....

'Monsoon Cleaning' day.
It began with a half-asleep registering of my Mom's instructions (its part of her battle-strategy: to bombard with instructions when eyes are bleary and brains 3/4 asleep) of:
"Take the curtains down to wash and clean the...."
.......after which I had promptly fallen asleep again, thus missing Part Deux of Instructiones Des Mommies.
And hence I promptly and obediently (after a breakkie of bread, again) took down the curtains.
And, convinced in my head that Momsy-dearest would NEVER just leave ONE instruction...
(never am I so lucky)
I proceeded to complete other chores designated for Sunday: change bedsheets, clean out carpets, mop floors, sweep floors...the list goes on. Short of buying a new house.
I spent a nice 2 and a half hours bopping to Mika and mopping and sheet-changing... but....
Turns out that Momsy-dearest DID only leave ONE instruction about curtains (which really, weren't at all dirty)....
.............................and I actually sendiri cari kerja/pasal.
The slave labour turned out to be.....
voluntary slave labour.
IS there even such a thing????
Somehow I can sense generations of anti-slavery activists turning in their graves.
In fact, I was simply too tired (and lazy, ha ha ha ha) to wake up this morning, thanks to a late night the night before...I was writing sad stories and listening to sad songs, for the heck of it, not because I emo again. XP
... and so I snoozed a little overtime, woke up at 6.24am sharp, battled with my conscience for approximately 15 seconds and decided to go back to sleep.
Best decision I ever made, for Mr. Money was appearantly pissed to the MAX.
And I sleep more often than not in VW's classes anyways, so point lost for me to waste RM 4.80 + RM 4 (taxi, coz' will be late if I take the bus) to get to class.
Ah well.
On another note, I am dying to watch Hellboy II. There has been nothing short of rave reviews for it, and DANG it looks ULTRA UBER COOL.
I WANNA WATCH.
This, and the Dark Knight.
DYING TO WATCH HELL BOY II.
DYING.
Like, NEXT WEDNESDAY KIND OF DYING.
TIMES SQUARE, NEXT WEDNESDAY, AFTER CLASS kind of dying.
I refuse to watch a 'hot' movie alone and get squashed up next to strangers with bad movie etiquette! I mean, older movies I don't mind going alone coz' the cinema is usually quite empty by then and so chances are I won't get squashed but HELLBOY II will be (pun warning) HELL.
I mean, so many people have BAD movie manners: chewing loudly, hands, legs and feet on MY space, invasion of space, laughing and talking loudly during the movie, chair kicking... body odour... *sob sob*
It's so hard to find good movie buddies, you know. Really. I only know of a few. One or two.
Malaysians are generally horrible movie-goers. No manners. The Cina-apek type are the worst. If I go alone for a movie which has been running for some time I usually get great seats and with nobody next to me, so I like going alone.
But 'hot' movies like Hellboy II....betcha there'll be some chair-kicking, popcorn-chewing, loud-talking, inconsiderate Cina Apek who will ruin my movie. And I will be defenseless and all alone.
ALONE.
Sigh. Some more I cannot watch like, later a bit coz' then my money will run out. Sigh. It HAS to be NEXT WEDNESDAY, TIMES SQUARE, AFTER CLASS.
Ah well. Unless I find someone to go with me..........
*puppy eyes*
(Gulit trip! guilt trip! guilt trip! guilt trip! -thanks for the ideas, V-dearie XP)

1 comment:

vic said...

no problemo~ cross your fingers and hope it works.. ;p