Thursday, August 28, 2008

*hyperventilating from sheer ecstasy*

*Deep, deep breaths.*


It has happened, people. My patience has paid off. My self-will has paid off. From resisting the 20% off promo at Kinokuniya, to the gift card I got for Borders, to the paper back version at RM 49.90. I resisted them all. And the result:






Yes, people. It is The Children of Hurin by J.R.R Tolkien. A book I've been lusting after for some time, but have put off due to monetary constraints, since it is, after all, priced at nearly RM80. Hard back with illustrations (as above).



MZ found it in the MPH warehouse clearance for an unbelievable, amazing, unimaginable, glorious, marvellous, phenomenal price of:

Your eyes are not lying to you. It is true. RM 19. RM Friggin 19!!!!!! Its a miracle!!!!!

Besides that also, in the stack:

~ Smokes and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman (RM 24.40)

~ The Abhorsen Trilogy boxset by Garth Nix (RM 48.90) (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Fantastic haul, mi amigos. Fantastic haul.

I also bought The Good Fairies of New York, by Martin Millar: a quirky little book that I am thoroughly enjoying. ^_^ RM 24.53. From Kinokuniya.

This week alone: RM 110 on books. I am BROKE as hell and knee-deep in debt.

But is it worth it?? HELL YEAH!


1 comment:

teh ais limei said...

I understand the hyperventilation! I got Terry Pratchett's hard cover "Thud!" for rm29.90 and I already felt like I've died and gone to Ankh Morpork.

Enjoy yr book!