Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ice Skating, Ice Yoghurt-ing, and Many Other Things.

What do you get, when you throw one Whale out of water into ICE, instead? Why, you get:
WHaLe on IcE: ThE NeW hiT MusiCaL!

Featuring......*drum roll* ... Moi!~


The three of us before entering the rink of pain (this pic courtesy of V!)

The rink in Sunway, with two pros in it at 10.30am

My 'ticket'. Which should have read: ABSOLUTE NOOB, instead of NORMAL.


Once V dearest gives me the pics she took of me slipping and sliding and falling I shall upload it here. Hee Hee. ~UPDATED!!!!~ here are the pics



This is me on my ass on the first fall (pic also courtesy of V)



Me clinging on to the sides while J zoooooooms by. So to speak. Haha. (pic also from V ~^^,)

So, we arrived at around 10, 10.30 am and the rink was mercifully empty. MZ and M had already gone off to Lagoon, so it was just the four of us: me, J, K and V. (like always). Ice was nice, and three or four pros were in there doing jumps and flips and zooms and all manner of ice-capades and seriously impressive things. My jaw was open.

J, K and V led the way as I followed somewhat wide-eyed, being an utter first timer. When I got hold of the shoes I was like 'holy crap-a-holic', I am going to slip, fall, and impale myself upon narrow, sharp slices of metal posing as shoe-soles.

Turns out it was fairly easy to balance upon them... on solid ground, that is. Not on slippery (and very painful) ice.

I stood there, just by the entrance of the rink, with my tail tucked firmly between my legs as I realised just how slippery ice is. And with shoes with narrow, sharp slices of metal poised to impale me. K and J were like 'oh, get your ass in here' and I was like 'holy crap I paid 20 bucks for this! oh please god no!'.

But at last, my courage returned, I stepped in .........

...................................................................... and promptly fell a total of three times.

On my arse. Hahaha.

But although I was hanging on to the sides for the first 2 hours, by the last hour I pretty much got the hang of it. I started getting slightly braver, and skating out to the middle (which resulted in the third and most painful fall).

The trick, it seems, is to dig the front part of the shoes in the ice on one foot and slide along on the other. Easier said than done, and this is one of those never-truer words to say. Finding your balance on the ice is horribly diffcult but good news is, once you get it, it gets much easier from then on.

Next time I go, I am gonna practice properly. Aha. But, boy oh boy, it was the MOST FUN I had in a long time!!!!!~

By 2-something the ice got truly way too slippery for a noob like me, and I was feeling the last fall (hee hee) and we were all pretty much tired (J was sweating buckets! Haha), so decided to call it a day. Besides, the shoes were pinching our feet like mad and K was hungry.

So we went off to eat XXL chicken (due to my budget constraint, sorry amigoes!) and then off to Yogur-berry, which, thankfully I didn't like the Yogur after all, because if I did I'd be completely addicted. Hahaha.


Rather nice decor, no?



From left: J, V and some dude with a crazy pose which I refuse to acknowledge! (no la, its K) Hahaha. Also in the pic, UPWORDS (which was fun and supplied by Yogurberry) and the remnants of my rather nice choc cake.

So, after lunch and dessert, we headed back to MZ's apartment for dinner, games and penalty drinks.

Was in J's car and could not resist taking a pic of his bro's twisted idea of a joke:

no, monkey no!

Monkey humps Spidey. Poor Spidey. .
Unfortunately, I didn't have the sense to take pics of MZ's HORRIBLE PENALTY DRINK while we played Guesstures (something like Charades) and 21.
It consisted of:
Bitter gourd. Chili padi. Red capsicum, green capsicum, coriander. Strawberry syrup. And a whole lot of stuff which in the end ended up tasting actually like steamboat chili (in the words of J) but had the most god-awful aftertaste ever.
Bleargh! I chose booze!
Lol. M has this wicked tasty cocktail concoction of ingredients she wouldn't tell. But it was nice, and not all too potent. So it was nice. Tasted like blueberry juice. Didn't even taste the booze.
Hee hee.
*Sigh~*
A truly tiring but awesome, awesome day. Went home at about 8.30pm, got home at 9.30 or so, and slept till 11 the next morning. Hehe.
Hey guys? Lets do this again!
**********************************************************************************
Short afterword: To Bra-man! Happy birthday, and truly sorry you werent' there! But next time, ok?? We go sing Karaoke!! Take care and drink lotsa fluids!
*prepares video recorder on phone*

2 comments:

vic said...

body aches like mad but let's do it again! haha..sounds wrong.
which brings us to the next challenge...K-oke! wooopee~!

Ithildin Galad said...

Mmmm yeah!

My body ached for two days edy! XD But so so worth it.

SO SO looking forward to doing it again!

You're right. Sounds wrong. HAHAHAHAHA.