Sunday, October 26, 2008

And to make up for all my frequent QU's....

Let me be the first to admit that a 5-day absence in this little realm called Twisted Trainsistor is highly unusual of me. 

(You need a life, Pau-chan!)

                                                                             ..............(Yes I know)

In fact, its not that I don't want to; I've not had the time to: assignments, anyone? So anyways, its a Sunday, and I find myself with a little more than an hour to do nothing, and so I shall write a nice long post about, as always, 'absolutely nothing' -but a funny 'absolutely nothing'.

I hope. So we shall begin ya... Its gonna be a long one.....































Whee.








Lalalala.



Hum de dum de dum.










Ok, the end!


Muahahahahaha. No la. Ok Ok. Serious.


MPH Warehouse Sale


The Mph Warehouse Sale was a nice one. Most of the time they are worth going, truly, for there are plenty of good titles there going for cheap (I use cheap loosely, coz many times they're only cheaper by a few measly bucks, especially the super-popular titles) but the best is finding little-known gems for unbelievably low prices. 

One of my hauls was in a few posts previous (which is thanks to MZ), but a two-time trip to this sale yielded excellent results: 


Two books, from first trip:

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak; a truly good book I have yet to finish but am enjoying it so far and Magician: Apprentice by Raymond E. Feist, whom I had eyed for some time but didn't pick up. RM 15 and RM 10 respectively.

Two art books, from second trip with J (perchance you may read about his book-splurge in his blog later, so I won't tell his tale here, nyahahaha):

The Complete Visual Companion to the Lord of the Rings (RM 10!!!!!) and Fantasy Art (also RM 10).

Very nice indeed, albeit now knee-deep in debt (again!)  and many thanks to J who saw me drool (in large amounts) on the two art books and thought it wiser to save me from myself with a timely loan. *nods nods* 

Indeed, books are my vice, my Achilles Heel, my Pandora's Box and my Ambrosia. A good book? Anytime baby, anytime. 

The LOTR Companion, sadly, proved to be rather a cheesy and melodramatic read -fit only for those who have not read the books, but wish to understand the movie better. It isn't the perfect visual companion to those who've read the books, though it is good enough for an hour or two of serious drooling. Still, at a price tag of RM10???? Am I complaining??? Hella no!

The Fantasy Art book, on the other hand, is an immensely intriguing read and visual pleasure. It even has some illustrations by Alan Lee, who famously illustrated for the Lord of the Rings centennial version and for Children of Hurin as well, and Chris Moore and Dave McKean, names I have seen here and there but can't seem to place. Sci-fi illusts, mostly. 

(Drooled over them both on the train on that day -I honestly think if I get any weirder I'd be arrested for crimes against public transport)

However, a clear indication that I need a life and NOW is that I got excited, yes EXCITED about going to the book sale. I was walking faster than I've walked in a long time and was just relishing the thought of being among books, books, books.

My sis said I was weird and gave me the same look you would give a person who just said
 
                      "I am into bondage so torture and tie me 'cause I've been baaaad". 

Not the best look to receive, for sure.



Badminton.

If my achy arms are anything to go by, I think I need to do it more often. The last time I blogged about a badminton game, Bra-man collapsed and removed his coverings (hahahaha) and made 'sweat angels'. This time, seeing that LM was around, Bra-man showed remarkable constraint. Muahaha. I now have a niiiice Cybershot and he does not go crazy enough for me to get some classic moments. Chish.

I am rusty. Too rusty. But hey, I am one of those super UN-competitive people when it comes to games and sports. The reason is because I know I suck at both. Hahaha. So my competitive streak disappears when I get behind the comp or behind the net, because if I am gonna lose anyway, I may as well have fun with it. 

However, I am hyper-competitive when it comes to other stuff; like eating...Yes. I am competitive when it comes to eating. I have a large reputation to protect ok?? Nyahaha. 

It was a really good game, nonetheless. And Holy Cow, M is great. GREAT! I swear I saw Kelvin see his life fly past his eyes when she swung her racket. Foosh! Foosh! Scary! Tennis arms la *shudder*


Assignments

This semester is absolutely horrible. SEVERELY short deadlines and top it up with the extra-side stuff I do -it has been just awful. I need to play games sometimes. I need to read and read and read and draw (with 6 new colour pencils my sis just bought for me for a nice discount; RM 3 discounted to RM 2.2 each) and draw and do what I love to do but CAN'T. I also need sleep. Lots of sleep. 

I need to slow down on the freelancing. T-T Agh! FYP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*goes bonkers*


Ugh. Perseverence! 






Don't let me fool you though. I love what I do and I love the way my life is right now. There are things that will always bug me; but I am grateful that I have other stuff going on for me now that I never had before. 

I am also just waiting -I can wait for this one thing. I can wait because I think it's worth waiting for. I will wait because I know rushing things would make it go bad and I cannot bear to lose this. I will wait and see and let time tell, because time always tells. 

Its life, people! It sucks, it rocks and it's a hell on wheels, but dammit, I love it. For now. XP



No comments: