Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ladies and gentlemen, finally, a good use for my little Cybershot phone. ^^, Pics! and an update on my Kijal trip last week, on the 10th, 11th and 12th of October (yes, just before classes started again).

So now, tanned and marvellous, I bring to you, the WONG FAMILY KIJAL TRIP!!!!!


Just passing the Karak highway. Karak. Nyeh. Small town with lotsa potholes.
It began with a 5-hour journey past little towns and endless highways, in a car built for rough terrain and macho men but certainly not squishy butts.

Testing out how far I can stretch me ol' Dino's patience by clicking around in the car, which annoys him no end. Muahaha. Very dangerous waters, that.


After several stops along the way, finally arrive at Awana Kijal, Terengannu. The lobby is really nice, actually, with a sort of open-air concept. There is also a huge dolphin fountain in the middle of the lobby, which looks oddly childish, actually, but gives a more friendly feel.


However, though the hotel is lovely, and the food is rather nice (at least the pastries, which go for 50% off after 9pm) I have ONE (just one, yes) HUGE gripe. This:

And the Ugliest Tong Sampah Award goes to......

The world's friggin UGLIEST tong sampah. Seriously. It is scattered all over the hotel, reducing a five-star to a four-star in about two seconds. However, much is redeemed by this Giant Chess set (which was THE thing waaaay back when I first stayed at Awana, back in 1995, methinks) which I think is still the coolest thing ever. Hee hee.

Ready, knights!
Still, the hotel is a Golf and Beach resort, and their golf course I hear is quite the thing. Dunno about that, but I like the look of it anyway.

Whacking small balls with big stick. How nice for golfers.

But, the highlight of the beach, well, is the beach! Lol. Thankfully, in Kijal, it remains clean and super gorgeous. Would have loved to have caught a photo of the school of fish I saw leap out of the water like silver flashes. It was something out of National Geo, I swear. Once in a lifetime thing.

Still, here are pics of the beach!

The nice clean sand and blue salty sea that makes you splutter and spit. Super nice.


Taken from behind the benches on the beach, I like those benches. Uncomfortable, but nice to sit and enjoy the wave and breeze and sea-sounds.

This is the left stretch of the beach, which is in total about 3-4 km long.

The right side of the beach, to which there is a jetty at the faaaaaar end (seen a bit in next pics)

More piccies of the beautiful, beautiful sea.







Aha! Another thing that always get me giggly is hermit crabs. Love their little scuttly ways.

See those little claw-prints?

The Wong family congregation. Left to right, bro, sis-in-law (in blue), younger sis (in skirt), mommy dearest and Dino dearest, who seems to be gesturing at something. I don't know what.


My mom and dad were walking hand in hand along the beach, just like they did 30 years ago. So chewt. Hahahaha. We caught 'em ala paparazzi. XD

So, we've reached the end of my post for a very nice holiday which I enjoyed very very much. ^^, Man I love my phone. I leave you to comment on the pic quality and pic composition! Do leave comments on the pics!

Goodbye ya'll

2 comments:

vic said...

love the first picture of the beach! i liked the composition and the way all the lines meet at a point. ^^

oh, and aww..loving dinos :D so sweet~!

Esee said...

hey those be some nice pics you took girl! and that place looks cool..hope to go there too..glad you enjoyed yourself.