Friday, April 11, 2008

Walk there, right there.

Walk, there.
Take a step.
Put your feet in front right there.
Yes. That’s it. Now walk.
A left, a-right, a left, a-right.
That’s it. Okay, okay. Now stop.

Leading you around?
Of course, my pleasure.
Take a look at where my hands have led you.
I take great pride; in walking circles.
I take great pride; in walking loops.

Now run towards that line over there.
Don’t cross it but run full speed.
Don’t put your feet across that line
Now run.

Your foot slipped. It’s over the line
Aha, see what you made me do.
Go on, take a guess. Where I will go next.
Not there, follow me, here, run helter-skelter
See my dancing lights over the hill.

Chase me if you like.
Catch me when you finish spinning.
I confuse you, don’t I?

Walk, there. Go on take a step.
Do it one at a time or all at once.
Run, over there, as fast as you can.
Jump, over that, and high as you can, do as I say.
Scramble away.
Fumble away.

See? Right there. Walk. Left. Right.
See? Right there.
Go there.

Maybe if I want to you’ll see me there.
Begin, now. Walk there.
Don’t look behind that’s cheating.
Now go and start your falling.
Its time you screamed on your way down.
Yes. It’s time. Goodbye.



Sometimes some things make you feel like you're a dog on a leash. And what you're doing is merely the cruel joke of some one else.

Sometimes some things baffle you and you wonder where you're going. And it feels like you're being led on an invisible chase, always looking for something that you desperately want but despair in ever finding it.

And being confused as to why everyday you're fumbling along as your days start to blur into a pool of different faces, colours and smells.

And walk, right there. Every step is pre-planned. Ordered. Demanded. Every step told to take is not your own.

Despair probably feels like a journey of a million steps all marked out for you to lead you into awkward corners and tight spaces.

No comments: