Thursday, October 18, 2007

PAiN, PaymEnt, PossIbIlities and oh Yes, More PAIN.

PAIN

There is something to be said for an entirely sleepless night. I never thought I'd actually experience it (worst was a 3 am stake-out due to an assignment) but yesterday is a first. I DID NOT SLEEP. AT ALL.

This was due to a nasty case of food poisoning, of which I shall, in spirit of our friendship, spare you the gory details. However, let it be known I was nauseous, in pain and suffering from dehydration (still am). Now, as the wafts of dinner bombard my bedroom, I am RAVENOUS. I had nothing but Jacobs and Milo O all day and that is NOT fun.

However, my mom is now fussing about, making sure I don't end up in pain again; so this bodes ill for dinner.

Sigh.

However, am feeling waaaay better (thanks to sleeping ALL day and some power-derful medicine) and now my stomach is ready for more abuse. Bring on the curry! Bring on the pork! Bring on the various unhealthy stuff! Rahhhh!

PAYMENT

Comes in the form of RM 100 for exemption fees. In spirit of my grief over the loss of RM 100, I shall now type out a list of 10 things I COULD HAVE done with RM 100, in no particular order.

10. Buy myself sushi. A total of 50 RM2 plates. I could eaten till sushi leaked out of my ears.

9. Gone to the arcade. That's 200 tokens. I could have played till my brains leaked out of my ears.

8. Eaten 25 plates of pork noodles. Large. Could have eaten pork till it leaked...you know. Out of my ears.

7. Shop for accesories. My earring collection can never be too large. There are 365 days a year, okay. So that's one for everyday.

6. Taken the LRT at least 40 times. Maximum rate is RM 2.50, so I could have taken it from Terminal to Kelana at least 40 times.

5. Taken my family out for dinner. D'oh.

4. Gone to see Hairspray and eat Cold Storage chicken a total of.... 5.5555555 times. Hah.

3. Bought myself TWO sets of earphones. Blue colour some more.

2. Buy meself another pair of uncomfortable, foot-abusing, toe-torturing yet oh-so-pretty wedge heels.

1. Kept it in me bank for contribution towards my laptop. Sigh.

But however, when you think about it, getting to go home early on Mondays and Tuesdays and having only (oh joy) TWO subjects this semester is, in my opinion, worth RM 100.

Possibilities

What are the odds??? What are the odds????? I say it is better, when the odds are against you, to give up entirely. When there is NO HOPE. When it is not possible. Give up, I say. Give up! There is no point hanging on, really. Don't even bother.

MORE PAIN

Results are out. And mine are, well, decent. I was pleasantly surprised, actually. I did far better in some subjects than I expected. However, Journalism II fell way short. Very disappointed. But I am, at least, thankful that I passed. Even if just barely. Pride and Joy and Joke of the Century is getting A for Comm. Theories and B- for MTA. HAHAHAHAHA.

All round, we did okay, I think, with J beating me in JR II and Vic getting nice loads of B's. B's are good, at any rate. Considering this time exams were tough. K did not do as well as I expected, 'cause he is actually smarter than he lets on (yes, you can pick up your jaw from the floor, I complimented him) but like I said, it was waaaay tough.

Me? I am content. Been managing CGPA's of 3.3 to 3.4, just a little short of 3.5. Must push for First Class!


I end here. My stomach growls (nay, whines piteously. Wait, that was Maya) and so I must go hunt for pre-dinner food. Rawr!

No comments: