Sunday, October 14, 2007

Will I ever get my butt to work?

Perhaps not.


Dear all, the holidays are drawing to an immensely tragic close. Work done to date?

None at all.


I have not finished a single review, nor a single article nor anything I set out to do. Though most are painfully 'Under Construction' (imagine, if you will, me, in my dad's little 'office'; dusty, moldy and with a typewriter chained to my hands and drool at the sides of my mouth) I regretfully say that I have been an absolute slob.


But there are highlights to the 3 weeks I spent at home....

Kajang trip.

Major highlight, this. For the immensely enjoyable KTM ride (because it was not crowded, lucky me, and air-con was on full-blast) and the immensely fun company and the good food. Ate, played and joked to our hearts content, we did. On the menu was curry noodles, pork thingamajig (sorry, Cantonese is still too bad to remember the name of this dish) and satay.

Also, PS2; Lego Starwars, Lord of the Rings and a trip to a cyber for DOTA. And most importantly, great company and great friends.

Warcrafting

Procured the game of Warcraft at last; have been playing it like mad. Obtained the DVD on lunch trip with Bra-man after a Melawati Hill picture-taking trip with J. Had crash course in DOTA; to which I think I learnt loads of stuff. Like, how to run with my tail tucked between my legs and wait for my creeps. Or, how to run with my tail tucked between my legs and wait for my creeps. Or, how to run with...you get it. 'Run like hell at the first sign of trouble' is the key.

Oh yes, Warcraft characters say the funniest things!!! Orc Shamans even sing 'Raindrops Are Falling on My Head.' To which, when first told, I misconstrued and accused J of bamboozling me (sorry mi amigo!) but now I giggle everytime I click repeatedly on the Orc Shaman. Hahaha.

Love the peasants. "yes Milord?" "more work?" "Job's done" "work, work". Love the peons. "something need doing?" "Huh?" "Me happy to".

They really say funny stuff. The witch doctors even say "its a cookbook I tell you, a cookbook!"

Hairspray

As one can see from my previous post, I loved Hairspray. Though, in all actuality, I don't like hairspray per se, you know, literally. I hate hairspray. I do. I hate the fact that they make your hair feel like an extra-terrestrial being perched atop your skull. And that it is a HUMONGOUS pain the the ARSE to remove from your hair later. And it gives you split ends!!!!! It ruins your hair completely! It makes your hair feel so stiff it isn't real.

Y'know what you have to do to get that stuff outta your locks? Conditioner. At least 3 rounds of conditioner, to which you have to leave on for at least 20 minutes and then rinse off and then condition again and again and finally shampoo thoroughly. Its madness. And even then its a pain. I will NEVER allow anyone to go near my hair with a can of hairspray again.

And its bad for the environment too. *righteous expression* But I do like the movie.

Catching up with a friend that I have not caught up with for ages even though we be in same class.

I have lost touch with a certain person for some time now. We used to be quite close, and these holidays saw two outings in one week with this person. It has not happened for some time, that. Went to eat McD on the first trip and noodles on the second and then we went jalan-jalan. It was great fun; even bumped into an old lecturer (which, though it sounds positive when I say it it was not a positive experience AT ALL) and we (not the lecturer) chatted for a bit. It was fun; and it felt good to catch up again.

Being a lazy bum

It was an absolute delight and pain being a lazy bum. Delight for the fact that I have been so stressed out about studies and assignments (ahaha, we all remember my breakdowns and freak-outs, so I will not attempt to deny) and pain because it meant that I procrastinated like heck. Achieved bloody nothing.

But my dear friends, it has been fun. And given the chance I'd do it all over again (minus the procrastinating) and now, I have Feature Writing to look forward to. After that is Industrial Training and voila! The third year will loom and our blood pressures will soar and then before you know it, graduation. I feel kind of sad thinking about it, honestly. The idea that we all will grow up and be serious, unfunny adults. I hope we never lose our sense of humour!


So in the end;

We must now go back to classes,
and work our lazy arses.





No comments: