Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Phantom Menace, The Great Interview Menace, The Just Plain Menace and Then Some.

Yesterday night marked another first for me... First episode, that is. I watched 'Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace' for the first time. I know, I know, what coconut shell have I been living under?

Now, before I end up wearing pocket protectors, carrying a fanny pack and hiking up my pants to ribcage level (I already wear glasses, yet another geek requirement) let me say this: Qui-Gon is cool. Damn Darth Maul. But Darth Maul be sliced in half by Obi Wan (incidentally, Anakin was given the same treatment in Episode Three before he became Darth Vader, odd, I know, I watched Episode Three before Episode One) and he be dead. Yay. That'll teach him to kill Liam Neeson. I like Liam Neeson and even though I know he met up with Darth Maul and became a ghost, it still sucks to see him get killed.

I also saw the the exact location in planet Naboo (which was re-created in the Lego Starwars game) where I was convinced by a certain someone to jump to my death. Now I know the storyline and finally I know who the black dude is. Haha. And Jar Jar Binks deserves to get kicked off the cliff 'cause damn, he be annoying. Mesa very annoyed. Jar Jar Binks doesna deserve to live.

But in all honesty, I feel like I should give kudos to Mr. Lucas. Now I know why so many people are so into StarWars. I was always partial to LOTR meself, but now me like both. Will watch Episode Two tonight.

The Interview Menace comes in form of the people I am trying to interview for me article. Its very hard to get hold of people, it seems. And so I go on trying. And coupled with the fact that I cannot seem to remember that its Ramadhan month.... I don't leave good impressions. Sigh. But really, how can one expect me to remember when all I do is stay at home? And when all the people I hang out with are all pork-loving, food-loving people? But ah, no excuse. Silly me. Blur old me. Grr.

Its also a bit sketchy to be calling people and claiming to work with The Star when all I am is a freelancer. This sucks. And people dont give good responses unless you say you're working with The Star; and would that be tantamount to false pretenses if I say I was? Technically, I am, but technically I am not. Sigh, I sigh.

And what with the hubbub... And the procrastination on my part.... SIGH. Maybe, like before, I bit off more than I can chew? But man, I DO SO want to do something for this hill!!!

Just Plain Menace? My bloody Insomnia. Grrr, I wanna be all pissy abut this because I have not been quite myself what with the lack of proper sleep patterns. I toss and turn and think all night; which is NOT good, because it gives me funny dreams when I finally fall asleep at bloody 3/4 am. Funny dreams which are really, not funny at all so much as just plain weird. I had one where I was eating peanut cakes all day. And another where I dreamt classes have started and I forgot my bag (like the ones you get when you were in high school and after the 2 month holidays) and I also had several other rather odd dreams where if I type it out, I will be arrested. And lose all my friends and be labelled a loser and a weirdo forever.

I have tried several tried-and-untrue home remedies for Insomnia: first, I tried suffocating myself and limiting my oxygen supply so that I will begin to feel drowsy. All I achieved was a mouthful of eau-de-smelly-pillow. No sleep.

Next, I tried reading. But unfortunately, I can only switch on the dimmer lights (I have two lights in my room, one whitelight, one yellowlight-which is the dimmer one) and so it be insufficient for me reading and me get headache. Which results in no sleep. Besides, me pesky sis is light sleeper and she will notice lights are on and start to fuss. No sleep.

I tried listening to my music, my Zen, my Neeon. But since most of my songs are depressing and not exactly sleep-inducing, all I achieve is a sense of miserable-ness and you guessed it, NO SLEEP. I mean, when you get lyrics like 'If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world' you tend to think of death and not sleep. Sheesh. Or 'I wake up, its a bad dream, no one on my side, I was fighting, but I just feel too tired to be fighting' it does not exactly make you want to go la-la land.

Now, I even tried going downstairs to watch TV, but too bad, my mom will chase me up to bed when she makes her nightly sojourns. Or when she realises the TV is on. Or when she prowls about making sure we are all in bed. Heck, even my dog won't leave me alone when I go downstairs to watch TV. She will lie down at the door and give me a MOST disapproving look, as if she were saying 'For goodness sake, go and sleep so I dont' have to pretend I am watching the house and I too, can go to sleep.' Or she'll demand for food.

I even tried getting something warm to drink, but I gave up halfway cause me too darn lazy to brush me teeth again.

And then some more. Have been an absolute slob. I may grow moss on me hair soon.

I give up. I go eat cookies. Goodbye all.

1 comment:

vic said...

dang...2 weeks after exams and you've still got insomnia?? truely undeserving...wish i could join you on our nightly chats then and come up with utter nonsense a.k.a creativity.. :P
try the hot milk remedy..lol. take care!