Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Several interesting things have happened since last I updated. Which was not too long ago... but you know what I mean. A lot of things can happen in the shortest imaginable amounts of time.

No, I did not get hitched in a 24-hour whirlwind romance to some blond, blue-eyed 'angmo'. And I certainly did not get RM 19264 in of those dodgy TOTO things. Though I wish I did, most heartily.

First interesting thing....

Blessed Peace.

I did not get bugged by my relatives. At all. I mean, like, they left me alone. Wonderful! They didn't ask me questions, they forgot I existed, they didn't even see my face! Its amazing! I am so happy! I mean it! I was chilling with me MP3 all night and no one bothered me! Its... its....just wonderful. Sigh.

Vegetarian Indian food at RM (blank)

Can you imagine? I have lived in KL for all my life. A total of 21 years. Of which 5 of them included the existence of Midvalley Megamall (less? more? I dunno, could be less) and yet I did not know the existence of this vegetarian Indian restaurant that serves up food at any amount you wish to pay. No, really. You take your food, you chow it and then you pay any amount you want. Its more like a donation/charity. However, a certain something happened changed my mind about it being a charity.

Me, MZ, M and W went to Midvalley during the 4 hour break we had on Monday, see. And then HS and Bozu showed up. So HS tells us about this place. And me and M, out of sheer curiousity, decided to check the food out. So we shared a plate. And it wasn't a big plate or anything. It was, you know, cukup satu orang makan la. We shared anyway. But let's make it clear it was only one plate.

When M went to pay, the lady at the cashier (for lack of a better word) asked her if she was paying individually or a group, since there were four of us at the table. She looked immensely suspicious when M told her only she ate. Which is true. I split it with her the payment, because I also nibbled some off her plate, but there was only one plate. We paid RM 5, which I think is supremely reasonable and very decent for the fact we took so little and it was only a lot of curry. We didnt even take the fried rice; we took plain white rice. And trust me, we did not take much. We had already eaten at McD's earlier.

The point, however, is that you should not actually make demands as to how much one should pay. It's a charity, isn't it? And what if the people who go there to eat cannot afford much and so goes there to grab a decent meal and pay what they can afford?

Its a charity thing, isn't it? It defeats the entire purpose if you start demanding that people must pay a certain amount. And for crying out loud, its not sotong and prawns and mutton and expensive stuff, its all simple fare. With very few varieties. So what business do you have to dictate a tacit agreement on how much to pay?

Of course, common courtesy dictates that we have some form of decency. Don't la go and eat for 10 people and pay RM1. D'oh. But for two people share one plate (which was not much) RM 5 is quite decent. It ain't generous, but it ain't indecent for sure.

Anyway, I still do think that that place is a good idea actually. The food was okay, btw. Sort of like temple food.

Traipsing around a large part of KL with me Momsikins.

This is far by the most interesting. Let it be made known that me and my mom never actually go anywhere together, at least not in the KL area. It is always 'All for 5, 5 for all' with us. With the occasional 6th. (My bro's wife-to-be). We never actually go out, take public transport and go shopping together.

See, my mom had some stuff to settle at the banks in KL, but unfortunately my sis got involved in a small car encounter (some guy wasn't paying attention and zoomed out of a T-junction without looking and smashed into me sister's Kelisa even though she honked in warning when she saw him. He admitted, its his fault, but now me sister's car is in the shop, left front wheel out of whack) and so me mom has no transport around. Dad got power meetings so couldn't fetch her either.

This was yesterday, btw. I decided to cut class 'cause my Grandfather's B-day party was that night and so I decided to stay home and help my mom cook. And good thing I did, or else my mom would have to wander around KL all by herself. On public transport. My mom is 49, by the way, people. One simply can't allow 49-year-old moms to wander around alone. Not that my mom isn't capable, I just worry for her.

So I followed, and we went to KLCC to do some shopping along the way. Well, at least she did some shopping for me. Sister didn't come along coz' not feeling good. Which makes person number 3 on the 'Sick' list for me this week. J and another old friend of mine being the other two.

Anyway. It was interesting; for the first time I went out with my mom, just the two of us. And well, kind of enlightening. I never thought I'd have so little to actually say to my mom. At least not on the LRT anyway. I am simply not used to talking on the LRT much, seeing that I spend more time on it alone than accompanied.

I can talk to my mom, but only when we're in the kitchen, peeling garlic or onions or whatever. Anyway, I bought her lunch at Signatures in KLCC, some Ipoh Hor Fun. Expensive, small helping, very MSG-heavy. Do not try, people. Trust me.

Sigh.

Just received some sad news about J's dog, Max. And J himself is sick.

(Keep your chin up, mi amigo. It will hurt for a long time, but in the end, it'll go away, leaving only a sort of dull ache when your mind wanders to him from time to time. And drink lots of water ya. Though not so much that you end up like me when I ate too much salty stuff and nearly exploded from too much water intake. Bleargh. Not nice.)

I go. I got some undead ass to kick. Goodbye all. Muahahahahahaha.

No comments: