Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sloth, Anger, Envy, Lust, Gluttony, Pride and Greed.

I am Catholic. This is one of those statements that will elicit raised eyebrows and a 'No duh' expression. Its like saying ' I am a girl' or 'My mother is a woman'.

But in the light of recent events of the first week of my holidays (blessed times where suddenly life seems bright and every morning is a breath of fresh smelly-pillow air and no smelly armpits in the LRT in the horizon), I have to admit, at some point, I have fallen into the above 7 deadly sins. And, whether I am a Catholic or not, this does not bode well. But aha, my dear friends, I'll leave it to you to decide if these 'deadly' sins are deadly enough to send me scurrying to my priest.


So, let's get started, shall we?


SLOTH

From the very beginning of the Holidays, I have been an absolute PIG. Seriously. Every chore now is instantaneously met with a ' I'll do it later' or a ' Uh huh, after I destroy the Zergs'. I have slept in late almost everyday (and the days I wake up early I nap in the noon) and I have not written a single word for my assignments. I have 4 reviews and none of which I have written nuts. I am supposed to get moving on the Mlwt Hill thing, but have yet to contact anybody.


But, in all fairness, I think I deserve ONE week break, right? One week of absolute sloth. One week where I allow myself to cultivate moss from my non-activity. I simply demand the right to procrastinate and fool around. Next week, I swear I will get working. Sure I will. Uh huh. Definitely. But maybe later. Next week not so good. Maybe I need to finish my Terran campaign.

ANGER


Anger is not one emotion I claim to be free from. I am very angry at a lot of things. But, like any sane person, I bottle. I pack, I bottle, I save up, I put in jars, and well, I bottle some more. I feel so frustrated these days by the fact that even after all these years I am still stuck at where I was. Stuck with no way out. And though its unfair, I've been lashing out at my family; my mom and siblings mostly. I end up being bad-tempered and edgy for no reason; frustrated and angry at still being stuck in this dreaded cycle.


ENVY
One word: Laptop. 'Nuff said. I envy J's laptop. I envy K's laptop. I even envy my bro's laptop. Hell, I even envy The Blob's laptop! I envy anyone with a laptop, period. And even though I hog the desktop most times, I still want my own laptop. I want to fill my laptop with beautiful pictures of fantasy-themed art (my sis doesn't appreciate that kind of art) and I want to do my own thing and write all my silly stories without the fear of someone reading them.




LUST


I lust after Warcraft. I do. I want to play. I know I am waaaay behind everyone, but I lust. I also lust after the super cute teddy bear I saw at a gift shop at my place. It's blue, with a little white bow. Blue bear, I know, stupid. But I lust. I want. I desire. I long for more than teddy bears and Warcraft. I lust after the life that I see people having as I bemoan my shadow, which stays imprinted upon my home floors. I lust after the freedom, the liberty that I know many people have; the liberty and freedom of choice.


And, like every normal straight girl, I too, lust.... and lust.......after.......that gorgeous pair of wedge heels in Lewre. It was blue. Midnight blue. With diamante detail on the strap. Drool. What did you think I lusted after, you dirty, dirty person?? Orly's #@!#@??? No way.


GLUTTONY


Eating is my favourite activity. Seriously. I like to eat. I don't eat much; (cue: sceptical looks) but you see, I like to do it. I seriously don't eat much... at least, I eat a lot less than what one would expect from someone my size. But since the hols started, me been PIGGING. By the end of three weeks, I be whale. For real.

On Monday last, I pigged out on curry noodles and pork things and chicken things and some really good spicy soup (which burnt down my thraot, I am a wuss when it comes to spicy food)and then satay. Then, returned home hungry and walloped more of my fav crackers and HUGE mug of Milo.


Then yesterday went overboard at Coffee Bean. (Our usual monthly treat, bro's got paycheque so his treat.) Stuffed a regular Belgian Chocolate Ice Blended and one Chicken Pie, half a Spicy Chicken Puff, and polished off the last of my sis's Berry'D Treasure. And that was AFTER a good dinner of spagetti!!!! And if you had given me another pie I would have eaten that too.

Today, I did not pig, but I ate a fair bit. Nibbled a lot. And slept most of the day away too.


PRIDE

I have far too much. And none at all. Pride made me take on more assignments than I can actually handle. And pride has had me stressed out when I fall short. I am too proud to admit that I am only human (and only 21 at that) and that sometimes I screw up. Sometimes I don't have total control. And even though I say this; in the end, I still expect far too much of myself. I still get upset when I don't do as well as I want too. I beat myself up for not doing an absolutely perfect job. I take on far too much, bite off far more than I can chew and still I will struggle on and get really irritated in the end.

I put far too much faith in what I think I am capable of. I have too much pride in me; I will not allow anyone to ever hurt my pride. And yet, sometimes, I have none at all. Lol.

GREED

Greed, ah, well, I fell to her sweet embrace when I greedily polished off the remaining half of my dad's Chicken Pie. I wasn't actually supposed to. And I actually didn't need it. I also greedily stuffed my face with a very large piece of dark chocolate just now. And yesterday, I ate 8 pieces of Loacker wafers by myself. In the span of 5 mins.









So there you have it. My seven deadly sins. Deadly or just plain normal? You decide. Muahahaha.

1 comment:

Esee said...

Hey Pauline nice post.

If these be deadly sins, then the world is SERIOUSLY FULL of sinners..hehe

-Eileen-