Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Invisible Chairs, IKEA, Inertia and a Movie.

Invisible Chairs

Sometimes you feel as if a chair has been pulled out from under you. Other times, you sit on your butt, wondering what happened and it is only till much later -as you realize that your brand new jeans have been dirtied- that yes, someone pulled the chair out from under your butt.

I did not see it coming. K got me there real good. I just completely and utterly sat all the way only to realize that poof! the chair wasn't there.

I sat there on the not hygienic carpetted floor; for about 5 seconds, stunned and wondering what the hell happened, with a look that I can only describe as stupefied. Then, of course, I realised someone really did pull the chair out from under me, in a random streak of mean-ness.

Huh. Me blur or K mean? You decide.

Though, in the end, I did not mind quite so much, I am not the type to hold grudges. All I can say is that the next time you sit on a chair, K, you better make sure I ain't standing behind ya. Muahahaha.

Revenge is mine, sayeth the Lord, but I am sure, that since we are made in His likeness, we are entitled to revenge from time to time.

IKEA

Hmm.

Went to IKEA for the first time (cue: coconut shell, what she been living under, the usual shishkebab) today with MZ. I love that place. It's so nice. Seriously. The stuff there range from expensive to affordable to downright cheap.

Bought some necessities, no, I will not detail them here, if I go on to do so I may get shot for being so darned irritating.

Inertia

Inertia? Why Inertia, you ask. Simple. Because hanging out with MZ is like a gravitational pull that pulls your entire body in a direction you have no choice but to follow. That is not a bad thing, by the way. It's very odd, that though I am so much bigger than she, it is she who pulls me around.

Been hanging out with MZ loads lately. Especially last week, since J was absent all week and K made only sporadic appearances. But it feels good to go for some major girly shopping and to get away from the oodles and oodles of testosterone that accompanies the two people I hang out with most. Heh.

Also, been catching up on all the latest happenings in our little JR community. I've almost forgotten how fun hanging out with MZ can be. Ehehe.

Bought some accesories, will wear them to uni for the next few weeks to show them off. Girly parts of me showing up. Wow.

Movie.

Have got meself a movie date with an online friend, A, tomorrow. Have no idea what he looks like and hopefully I will not get FFK-ed. Honestly, though I understand completely that people have lives, it seems to be a feeling I am getting strangely familiar with....Sigh. Just unlucky of me I guess. Unless... its something more sinister..... ah, that's my paranoia talking!

I use the word 'date' loosely, people. For a lack of a better word. It's not that kind of date. He's a nice guy, I want to watch Stardust, and it so happens we have been talking about meeting up. *shrug* Why not, eh?

Anyway.

Me mom and sis are watching Ratatouille downstairs, which means that for the next 1/2 hour or more I have the computer. My joy, I am afraid, is short-lived.

My thoughtful word for the day?

Friendship.

Rekindle those you have allowed to get cold and appreciate those you have now. I have gone without friends for a large part of my life in the past; and now that these past 4 years or so have been kind to me in terms of friendship, I learn very quickly to just be happy with the friends I have made. Because although life can seem cold and the people in it; colder, it really is not all that bad.

Life is beautiful
But it's complicated
and we barely make it.

-Vega 4

Still, we soldier on. Seriously, it simply isn't worth getting pissed off when a friend gets on your nerves sometimes. This does not mean you become a total pushover (though I seem to exhibiting symptoms of Pushover Disease) but merely that it isn't worth it. People come with their beauty and with their flaws. All you have to do is remember the good, not the bad. Optimistic? You bet. Must have rubbed some off from J. He is the eternal optimist.

It is always important to remember the parts of your friend that you liked in the first place. No point harping on their faults. Everyone has faults. Until, of course, they step over your line of patience and make you seriously pissed. Then it is ALL OUT WAR. Lol. To be fair, everyone has different tolerance levels. Some have higher than most and are slow to anger. Some are quick-tempered, it is not their fault. Just have to be careful about making 'em mad, thats' all.

All in all, it was a fairly good week.

No comments: