Monday, January 14, 2008

Four Classmates, Three Hours of Boredom, Two Hours of Tagging Along and One Bollywood Song and Dance Routine.

Today, my friends, is my first day at work. And because at any moment now I may crash and die on my bed, I shall do my best to type out the events of today.

Four Classmates

Upon arriving at Asia Jaya (with TK) I walked towards the bus station and waited. Lo! Behold! There were JRY (I said NO!), MYin, YSen, and JRCK (Ah Di).They are at Life Publishers, and were waiting for the bus as well. We chatted, which is nice, since we haven't seen each other for ages.

On the way back I was actually in the same bus as JRCK; he called my name but being so tired and blur, I didn't notice at all! Haiz.
Hmm. Interesting: saw The Blob at MidValley today (will explain further on what I was doing there in 'Two Hours of Tagging Along') with another young girl (friend? colleague?)and she didn't seem to be in work clothes...?
Hmm.


Three Hours of Boredom

When I arrived at work (late because of two missed buses (too full) and one lazy taxi driver who won't take us) we discovered that we had nothing to do. NOTHING. And so me and TK (Bozu followed a senior on an assignment) sat there for 3 hours staring at our shadows and contemplating the meaning of life as well as the achievement of Zen-like spirituality of the Inner Eye.

Then my editor showed and set me off to follow a senior journalist on an assignment in....


Two Hours of Tagging Along

....MidValley. To interview a guy on Feng Shui. Forecast for this year? Rabbits and Rats will have it good, Horses are in baaaaaaddddd luck. Everyone else is pretty much covered. Though that guy did talk like Confucius.....if Confucious was dressed in a yellow and orange checkered shirt, that is.

"Connn-fucius say, youuu must o-bey the ele-mennn-tal flow! Owr else! Youuuu will have bad luck!"

Left the office at 2 and finished at 4. She interviewed, I watched and tried to be as unnoticable as possible (not an easy task, I assure you!). It was nice, and when I returned to office I was given my first individual assignment!!! Very nice. No byline, I am sure, but I will do my best anyway! Besides, I get my bylines often enough anyway. Heh. Must mention it to my Editor though. He was so distracted and busy I decided not to tell him anything yet. Just lay low first.


One Bollywood Song and Dance Routine

The Ribena guys came today to the office itself to promote their new lemon and purple colouring, I mean, blueberry drink and lo! behold! we were treated to a Bollywood performance by one yellow round-shaped thing and a purple round-shaped thing who turned out to be mascots. They even did a High School Musical number. And they even went to the Star! What a buncha nutcases. Then again, what better way to promote a drink than to provide thirsty journalists with more sugar? Nice, and sneaky. Journalists, heh, we LOVE free stuff!

Hmm.

Thats pretty much it. I am far too tired to blog anymore. I got a vicious headache and need some sleep. Keep steady my friends!

Goodbye all.

2 comments:

Memedi-kun said...

They came here too. I did not particularly like their new taste but I got a free bottle of it. And a small paper cup of it. And a photo op. Ahaha.

Btw, I updated again so CHANGE my link name. Do, please. I can't stand dust.

Ithildin Galad said...

XD hahahaha

ok