Wednesday, January 2, 2008

First Post Of the New Year of 2008!!
And what an occasion.
Nah, not really.
My posts are rubbish, really.
Hmmm.
Why am I aligned centre...
Oh right.
There we go. Ahem.
Okay, its January 2nd, and my hair is shaggy again. Now, that may not seem like much, but I will be starting work soon (14th of January) and I think I better go trim this out-of-control mane of mine.
To think, I used to have perfectly straight (it still is though) long hair that I would put up in a ponytail. It never got messy and it never got unruly. Now that I've gone vain and gotten me a layered cut, upkeep is triple and price is quadruple. Not to mention my hair grows like 'taugeh'.
Its a veritable jungle on my head; its got its own ecological system, I reckon.
(Damnation, I cannot believe I am talking about my hair in my first post of the year)
Still, my mom has asked me to go trim it, and I suppose I gotta trudge me plump arse and me very own flora-and-fauna-jungle to me hairdresser. (My regular; she's been cutting my hair since I was a wee little girl. Not that I was ever even close to beeing 'wee little', but you all get my point.)
Enough hairy talk. (Pardon the pun -agh, its not a pun.)
I also am saddened by the fact that half my classmates are already on their Industrial Training or will be on their IT in a few days while I sit useless and moulding in my house till the 14th. That means for the next 12 days of my holidays I will have little or virtually no contact with my pals. Not nice. And worse, when they've already finished and are looking to hang out, I'd still be working my plump arse away till the 30th of April. Life is hard.
I sigh.
But to be optimistic, at least we'll have lots to talk about when we return to Uni in Year 3. Hmmm. We'll be seniors, my friends. Seniors. Old boys and old girls. We will be blissfully free of the Construction Sensation that is U***.
I realize that it will be really hard to catch up/hang out together, unless we work together (yes, Bozu, please, sharpen your corniness skills) so it would be nice if once in a while if you guys stumble across me blog, do leave a comment or two so I know you guys are not trapped in an office somewhere suffering from cold and dehydration and overwork. :)
Well.
I am actually looking forward to start me work; maybe cause its a different experience for me. Hopefully during the three months to come I'd finally see for meself whether I am cut out for this industry. I always suspected I may have far too little curiousity in me to be a great journalist. I am never curious, actually, unless it involves something I take an interest in. I never saw the need to investigate and sniff out stories and stuff. I mean, whatever happens I would be the last person to know about it. This is due to the fact that I think most things are best left unknown, especially if it may actually endanger oneself.
Still, I never know. I may end up finding I have a real stomach for crime and not flinch over a dead body. Or end up passing out when I see a head wound. It can only go two ways. Maybe I will develop a taste for politics. Maybe even economics. Pfft. Nah.
Hopefully, hopefully.
We hope.
My New Years Resolutions (for a laugh) are as follows:
1. Be smarter and get smarter so as to not get lost, conned or bamboozled.
2. Get over my multiple fears (drains, large bodies of water, speed, creepy-crawlies, snakes, too
many to list here, really).
3. Insult K less. No really. I feel kindly.
4. Be more serious-minded. I can't keep making lame jokes forever.
5. Work hard, play harder. Usually I just work a bit, play a lot. So now I gonna work hard.
Pfft.
Only time will tell if I keep to it. Muahahahaha.
Goodbye all.

2 comments:

Memedi-kun said...

I am alive and definitely not drowning then, now or anytime soon. I can think of a few other things...or persons who are going to...soon (cackle). At any rate, I start tomorrow so...good luck to me? Ahaha. Going off to dinner then!

vic said...

boo! vic still lives..after 2 days of work, she still lives. *ominous silence* lol
thanks for the pressie! me's FINALLY received it today. my very own kick-ass notebook for IA, take that! nyahaha
hang in there, do hope to see you sometime sooner than yr3s2 ^^;