Thursday, January 31, 2008

So.

It's 9.17 in the morning and I am at home.

Why?

Simple.

I got a movie review at 11 am and boy, is there gonna be a 'dead girl' sumwhere.

I am reviewing the movie, 'The Dead Girl', starring Toni Collette and erm, a whole buncha actors. Eheh.

*cue: 'dush!' and 'OMG what has Bozu done to you????'*

Lame, senseless attempts to extract mildly indulgent laughter from my friends aside, I am
beginning to like what I am doing.

Yes, I have to sit at least 2 buses a day for more hours than a human being should.

Yes, these buses smell like petrol fumes and make me totally sick.

Yes, I have to fight the elements of rain, heat and CO.

Yes, I have had buses ignore me and nearly running me over.

YES, I have met nice people and horrible people.

Yes, I have met a tall, hot guy with glasses and a butt to die for and who drives a BMW 5 series and he has fallen in love with me.

YES, I am just messing with you guys to see if you're paying attention.

Ahaha.

I knew you guys weren't.

But all in all,

No, I didn't yet get a horrible yelling from ANY of the aXe Men.

No, I did not win the byline race.

(It's a figure of speech, friends, not that I care and not that it matters to me because I got my first byline when I was 18 and at the risk of sounding like a arrogant arse, I have had so many bylines if it was a race I'd have won anyway. Take that, X. And by X, you guys know who I mean. I am getting more annoyed and pissed by the day. Sheesh. And it takes a lot to piss me off!)

No, I am not overly proud of what I do well despite the fact I make a fair profit from it.

(God is fair, you know. He gives me a talent but he also reminds me that I am 10000 feet tall and 3547 tonnes heavy. And that I have a temperament of a raging hormonic crazy whale on PMS. And that I am an utter bongong (you're gonna say it, J, so I say it first, save you the trouble. ;P.))

No, I do not own 99 cans of beer.

(gotcha)

And no, I do not hate my job. I just hate the travelling in smelly buses and crowded trains that go with it.

Yes, I DO LOVE MY JOB.

I really do.

For it's:

Free meals.

Free goodies.

Free flow of anything I want to drink/eat.

Nice, eager-to-please PR people.

Ability to allow me to do what I love to do.

In the end, that is all that matters.

7 comments:

vic said...

good on you!
while some of us sit heavy on our asses all day, you're out there getting the juice on which restaurant we should frequent next. gah, don't mind me, i'm just cranking up my rusty brain. i swear, it's gotta find use somewhere or it's gonna go.. =.=

Sypher said...

X finally getting to you huh? X's needs to be silenced or boycotted!

Esee said...

herm..what's a bongong?

Ithildin Galad said...

XD i cant believe suddenly I got so many comments.

lol! Vic, i can recommend u to watch 'the dead girl' when it hits theathers on 14 feb. as for restaurants... check out King's premium cakes. available in the kepong branch, but can be ordered from other outlets.

bongong.....well. Ahaha. ask jee yee if u see him. XD no la, its a dumb/blur person.

which, i think, means me. XD

Sean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sean said...

I don't know about you but I think free meals, free goodies, and kissing the PR people's ass shouldn't be our main concern.

When you place these things above your job priorities (which is to get the news story), you'll find yourself losing objectivity in your writings.

And this byline chasing bullshit is really annoying me. We're not even real reporters yet so take this time to learn about journalism, not to brag about how many bylines you got or see who wins the first byline race. Ultimately, your story will be used to wrap nasi lemak.

Our job is to inform the readers. Don't lose your direction.

Ithildin Galad said...

hey chill it sean. XP

seriously.

i DO not put free food above journalism, and I dont kiss PR ppl's asses.

They kiss MY ass.XP

read to the end will ya?

I said, it allows me to do what i love.thats all that matters.

read it. its there.

bylines for me is about recognition of a job well done, not glory. i believe in doing a job well.

besides, heck, i write this friggin blog to entertain Vic. XD not to propound philosophy.

chill it will ya?

some of us are enjoying frivolity. u should try it too, every once in a while. its fun.

and besides, heck, i have seen my story used to wrap peanut cake. seriously.

i have no illusions as to the uses of newspapers.

dont preach to me about it. XP

Heck, why am i even explaining myself??? bah humbug.