Friday, January 18, 2008

Weak One. Err. I mean, Week One.

Week One, my friends.

It began with a streak of not-so-good-luck, where I missed a bus and was subsquently half an hour late; though, in all actuality, we (me and TK) were NOT late. Most don't come in till much much later.

Then began the 3-hour wait, the 2-hour interview and the 2-hour journey back home. It was a good, even if rather humdrum, first day.

Second day, my friends, began with me getting an assignment to the JVC launch of the 'Beyond Borderless' Mobile Entertainment range. I know, mobile entertainment, sounds like handphones. Then I figured out it was car audio systems. Revelation. -_-'

It went fairly well, I left as quickly as I could so I may catch the bus back to office and settle my 'log in' to the system. Got meself a free T-shirt and a towel. ^_^

Witnessed a man molesting another man (jokingly, but the molestee was freaked, though he did not make a scene. Highlight of (un?)intentional yaoi-wannabe action? The lady friend saying, "Eeeee, gatal." Hilarious.) XD


Third Day, and S (my editor) gave me a press conference for the upcoming Malaysia Asian Open Dance Championships. It also went well, was actually supposed to stay for more free food but I had to leave... for office. -_-' I try my very best to make it back to office everyday so I may get my assignment for the next day.

By the way, S is a genuinely easy to talk to guy; he seems to be one of the few there I am not absolutely terrified of. I can think of two others whom I am truly scared of (no really, I don't get scared easy, but these people scare me witless), and have tried my best to avoid contact unless absolutely neccessary. @_@


Fourth Day, and that is the day I shall remember as the day I almost had a celebrity interview, with the lead singer of hugely popular 60's band, Herman's Hermits. It was postponed because he had 'personal problems'. And also the day I met up with V, K and J for dinner in MidValley. Also the first time I ate Nando's.

And also the day I came home at 10 pm and my parents did not eat me. Pfft.

Also had a supposed food review, which, thanks to loooong delays, ended up as a food promo write-up. -_-' Still, free buffet lunch, and I ain't complainin'.

It was fun day, fun people and best of all, catching up with people I've missed terribly.

I have been on all assignments alone, by the way, and it gets horribly lonely. It is also good in a sense, yes, but it doesn't give me much chance to get to know people. I am so lonely I've started talking to myself. T-T

Fifth Day, also known as Last Day of the Week, (we have Saturdays off, confirmed, no arguments) and I had a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong journey to....

*drum roll*

Putrajaya.

I was on the way to Bandar Utama, by the way.

Yeap. To get to Bandar Utama, I went to Putrajaya first.

I caught the RIGHT bus, but WRONG direction. Was supposed to catch it from the OPPOSITE side of the road. And so ended up in Putrajaya, then patah balik to One Utama.

And, hah, what are the odds?

Met a freelancer from NST who was on the same bus, on the same wrong journey, and was covering the SAME event. Amazing. Had a nice chat, though, she is a very cool person. My age.

Also, my first hard news piece: an important minister said something about the public transport price hike at the Chevrolet 3S centre opening and so I told my editor, who told me to tell Scary Man 1, who told me to tell Scary Man 2. *shudder* I wrote a short piece on it, and so I don't know if it will be published or not.

Though, as all things go, I am not sure if I have the gumption for this field. What I really want is to just write; tell stories about people, see the world and all there is in it.

I don't want to report about launches and dances and eat free food (though it is nice, I have always been against free-loading unless it has something in return for the freeload-ee). I want to write in a small dark room and have my coffee and tell the world about the world, not about what new car Chevrolet is launching! -_-'

(I know I am intern, and I am at the bottom of the bottom of the food chain, but lets ignore that for now)

I cannot socialize. I do fine enough among the people whom I know and who are on equal ground, but when 'people' mean older people who are my bosses, well!

I clam up, I get all nervous, I talk in whispers and I become really stupid. I have no idea why. I just go all stupid. Like some half-wit bimbo, nodding and trying to not look baffled.

And I get so quiet! I don't even know what to say to them, and trust me, the weather is NOT a topic.

I am always constantly self-conscious, and I have no idea what I am doing most of the time. I do my assignments and then write the story, but being in Lifestyle means my story won't get looked at for days, and so I keep writing without knowing if I did it right or not.

Sigh.

J did try his best to point out to me that it always is like this with new environments and new people, and if I take it one step at a time things will be better.

Still.

ME being me, I don't listen. So I shall hide under my desk and try to not get eaten.

(I can hear everyone saying "Wuss!" "Coward!")

I know. T-T.

I shall persevere, my friends. Wish me luck.

And now, the night is young, but I am old so I need my sleep. Bon nuit, my friends.


No comments: