Sunday, March 9, 2008

5 am

The earliest I ever went home.


(XD)

So it was Polling Day, right, and there I was, at like, 5.15 pm (on Saturday!) and I am wearing my 'MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU' T-shirt (as mentioned two posts past) and I was ready to GO!

Though, despite a last-minute scare regarding the list and numbers which did not tally (why am I not surprised?) on Friday, and me being off on that day and wringing my hands helplessly at home, all was, well, supposed to go well. It really was.

Game plan:

Two people take down results.

Four people manning the InDesign scorecards

Four people manning the Excel sheets for analysis and statistics generation.

Results ----> InDesign ----> Excel.

Excellent!

So it started around 10++, the results began trickling in. One piece by one piece we printed from Bernama.

Then Bernama died.

Followed by chaos.

The rest was a catch-up game where everyone had different results and everyone did everything by themselves. No more cohesion.

Sigh.

But, it all turned out well enough, albeit a REALLY late night (or shall I say early morning?).


Ahem.

But on to my Whine of the Week:

Not whine, more like growling internally.

I don't get mad. I don't hold grudges. I don't generally bite people's heads off (except when I am caught at a bad time) and I certainly do not like to hate people for the heck of it.

But I am getting mad.

I am getting seriously pissed.

I don't know why, but I DO know what it is. In fact, I know why as well, but I am not about to say it here.

I am generally too blur and too simple-minded (or according to J, goblok) to ever suspect people of double-crossing me or going out to sabotage me. I am not one to want to take credit, even if it was work on my part because despite all my shortcomings, glory-seeking, I assure you, is NOT one of them. I have far too little self-love for glory-seeking.

I am blur. I am rather dum-dumb. I am not sharp. I am overly loud, bossy and have control issues. (And a whole load of other shortcomings)

But hella no, I ain't a glory seeker.

Some, however, have no qualms. And some, however, can be expected to do things despicable and horrible in nature. Some, in fact, delight in it.

I have met many, but there is a bridge between me and an entity I refuse to name that is slowly crumbling, and worse, both sides know it. Both sides refuse to show it.

I am not yet willing to destroy this bridge.

Because I believe the bridge ain't bad.

I know, though, that the other end is not keen on anything except itself.

Too bad.

After all that is said and done, I am tired. I want to go to sleep.

Goodnight.

3 comments:

Sypher said...

Why treat the douchebag like a friend when the douchebag isn't acting like a friend. The douchebag can use use whatever excuse it wants but true friends don't do that.

Ithildin Galad said...

ah well.

its all water under the bridge. really.

i.
dont.
care.
anymore.

:) got more things to think about
went for a VERY controversial press con! will be blogging about it laters.

P/S: When i get thrown into the ISA, i want milo, fried chicken and (just to get me into even MORE trouble) bak kut teh. I expect frequent visits from u guys!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

*laughs lamely at own lame joke*

Esee said...

why is everybody having friend issues lately? God this world sucks.

anyway, the ISA thing? sure. want some Secret Recipe Choco Indulgence as well? ;P