Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Sunset


I wanna stand on that mountain, with the shadows cast by the setting sun dancing behind me.
This is a particularly beautiful screen shot I caught from The Passion of Christ, the most violent, horrifyingly sad, and undeniably moving movie I've ever seen.
Anyways.
Am on a blissful two-day reprise from the screeching hunk of metal (now I'm not sure that it actually is metal, though) but this picture kind of reminded me of the most beautiful scene I've ever seen in my life.
I remember once, when I was walking with my mom up the jogging track/hill near my area (which is now to be demolished to make way for greedy, unfeeling, wicked developers) and it was very very early in the morning, say, before 6. The moon was still shining, and I saw the silvery light of the Night Mistress glistening on a stretch of road. The dull, black tar road suddenly transformed into a beautiful ivory path; as if it could lead me to heaven if I kept walking. The skyline was dark, and the air was cool; so cool, clean and crisp I could breath it forever.
Sigh.
The sunset, o'course is totally different, but it's the serenity and the peace of the picture that reminds me of how I felt at that time.
But nevertheless, after the emotional diarrhoea that is my last post, I feel liberated. Now I may start enjoying my goodness-knows-how-many-ieth time watching all three LOTR movies.

No comments: