Monday, July 9, 2007

Oh God, I've gone and done it again

I heard from somewhere that I have a temper equivalent to a female cow on steroids...could be from one of my sister's more creative moments or some deep-rooted knowledge that in the end, the word female may just elude my behaviourial patterns. Thanks to a certain someone I refuse to name for fear of ruining the feng shui of my blog. But for anyone who reads this and know me here I proclaim I am VERY MUCH FEMALE. I like guys and everything, though right now I have my sights set on someone who probably doesn't even know I like him or even like me back.... OMG am I having a crush?! Wow, haven't had one of those for years. But that is a story which is to be kept at the VERY back of my mind. I kind of gave up on 'em boys... too much heartache, y'know. But it's good to know I am still capable of crushing on someone...literally and figuratively. *sweat*



So there I was, in Carrefour just yesterday, and boy, the world is lucky I don't drive the way I shop.



And since this is about transit and it's, erm, annoyances, well, lets try to tie 'em up together.



Having downloaded songs like 'Brick' (thanks Jee Yee!) and having discovered that it's beginning to get to the Snow Patrol that they know more about the stars and seas than what's in my head is strangely unconducive to a train ride full of people. For one, it puts me in a funky mood.... go figure.



The train, as we all know is rather empty from Asia Jaya to, say, around Bangsar. Then the crowd swells like a bite from a spider (which two little scars on my left hand bear witness to how dangerous spiders can be.... die, spider-in-the-toilet!) and suddenly, I feel dizzy and all-round nauseous.



The air is clogged with the breaths of a thousand sweaty people who spew forth poisonous CO2 and many varieties of NH4. They encroach upon your personal space without any qualms. They insist on blocking the entrances and the exits. And when the train screeches to a halt at Wangsa Maju, well, lets just say that being big has not many occasions to rejoice in one's size, but in this situation, boy am I glad I am roughly the size, weight and temperament of a deranged buffalo. I put my bulk in good use while Dashboard Confessional tells me don't wait, don't wait.



Having had many close, near-madness encounters with the human beings of the world in the train, I must say I do not enjoy having to encounter them in a hypermarket.



As my head rings with the one song stuck in my head all day (Nine Day's Good Friend) I pushed. I shoved. I trampled. I agressively-smashed. I was all-round offensive and agitated. I was a public menace. I had so many nasty looks I felt my skull burning.



Forgive me, old ladies and anyone who got rolled over with my shopping cart yesterday. I was in a hurry. And nothing annoys me more than a bunch of slow-moving people getting in my way.
I was cutting through the crowds like a hot knife on butter, except that the two hot things there was the makcik in a see-thru blouse and my sister, who was trying to keep up with my gargantuan strides.

So what's the deal? Because really, what is with people and getting in the way?

The train doors only open for half-a-minute at MOST. There are tonnes of people trying to get out. And yet, despite the loudly-shouted "EXCUSE ME !!!!!!" these hanger-on-ners, these way-blockers, these statues-of-immobility-and-obstruction persist in their twisted, malevolent, cruel and unusual evil plans to delay your life for a few seconds, all done so that they are able to go home at night and fall sleep with a smile on their faces, delighting in their success of managing to make your day just a little bit worse.

But enough about that. I swear on my er, dog's name that if I continue I will end up in jail for offensive language and all-round idiotic ranting.

So. Let's shift to more pleasant things.

Haven't actually blogged about my new friends -well, I never had many friends so I think when I do its worth blogging about. Or even my life in uni -though it mainly consists of trying to stay alive in below-freezing temperatures and below-boring lectures.

Bright bits of my life these past few days?

Finding a new friend. One who shares my weird tastes in music and my fondness for fantasy, not to mench a whole load of other stuff in common that will take too long to list down. (You know who you are!) So yay, I like having new classmates.

Finding new songs. The theme from Princess Mononoke, stuff by Ben Folds, more Snow Patrol, and Angela Aki.

Finding new victim of transit-life, because misery loves company and hence when two people suffer together they are happy in their misery.

Low bits of my life these days?

Crushing on a certain someone. I hate crushing and then crashing and then burning. It's a vicious cycle; friends, feelings, destruction of friendship and feelings. Been there, done that.

Catching the stomach bug. Been feeling woozy in the mid-section for days. Urgh.

Being broke. Payment was smaller than expected this month, and hence am miserably dry.


Now, where did I leave my new Creative Stick-On.......

No comments: