Friday, November 9, 2007

Na-NO-Wri-Mo and A Birthday

My dad turned 'fifty' yesterday.

Why the 'fifty'?

Because my dad's birthday isn't till the 20th. Yesterday was the 8th; Deepavali, to be exact (I would wish my pals a very Happy Deepavali, but I know for a fact none of my friends who actually read this blog celebrate this Festival of Light and Murukku) and as usual, there is a bizarre story that accompanies everything that has my dad's name on it.

My dad, for some strange reason, has always maintained that he was born on Deepavali Day, in 1957, which is, oddly enough, TRUE.

In the glorious year of our Merdeka, it was Deepavali on the 20th.

That was when my dad -my very tall, very scary, very old-fashioned, very loving, very funny and very intelligent Daddy was born.

And so, the actual 20th of 2007 is to be on a Tuesday. However, it will be a hassle to get everyone home in time for our intended 8-course meal. And not to mench, me grandma is invited, and she no be okay with weekdays. So me mom suggested the 18th, a Sunday. But naw, Sundays are waaaay to crowded in the restaurant.

So my dad happily suggests that hey, why not do it on the 8th?

*here is where you insert a sweat bead*

Get this: We got a nice Moist Chocolate Cake from Secret-bloody-Recipe (mom got voucher) and hell, we didn't even sing a song or blow candles. Just cut it, put on plate and let's eat, people. My dad hates all that 'Happy Birthday to yoooouuuu' nonsense.

Besides, we all sing like cats on heat anyway so it's small wonder he does away with the singing.

The dinner was....delicious.

On the menu....

1) Four Seasons thingy
2) Shark fin's soup
3) Buttered prawns
4) Yam Ring
5) Pork trotters
6) Celery+lotus root
7) Longevity noodles
8) Dessert

It was goooooooooooood.

I cannot write a WORD for nanowrimo
damndamnddamdn!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: