Sunday, December 9, 2007

Day One of Pauline's Combat against Coffee

I am quitting.

Cold turkey. No more Coffee/Caffeine (that includes tea, yes, for it may as well. I am not overly fond of tea, 'cept Chinese tea, and that I have to drink.)

Today is Day One.

I skipped my usual morning cup and slept like a dead whale stranded on a beach. No, really. I was so lost to the world I did not even dream. Of course, contributing to that was also a very, very late night. I went to bed only closer to 2.00 am yesterday, to which I was watching Ocean's Thirteen.

Today is Day One.

I did not have my usual cup with tea-time (Sunday, for me, sometimes mean no coffee in the morning so I can nap the day away and then wake up and have coffee with my Jacob's). This will mean a most vicious headache later; but I must at least try.

I must at least make an effort to prove to myself I am not completely useless without my coffee.

Honestly, when you start to be so dependent you are unable to form coherent sentences before a cuppa, you've got a problem. And I can sense a worse addiction when I start my Industrial Training.

Is there no end to this vicious cycle???

No comments: