Sunday, August 12, 2007

Friends

Once upon a time, I survived eleven years of primary and secondary having so few friends, I might as well have been a speck of dust on a book. But since I began my years in college, and lost some pounds (believe it or not, I was 10 kg heavier 4 years back) and started going to university and gained some confidence, I made some very good friends and some very very good friends.

I admit, I've lost quite a few friends along the way. But I have found that with old ones moving on, new ones come into my life and I am very grateful that God has seen fit to perhaps finally help me put an end to my constant self-talking. I used to talk to myself a lot, just cause no one else would. So, here goes. Me feelign slightly sappy today, so I will now type a tribute to the friends I've made in uni.

I remember missing the first day of school; I had a driving test to go to. I was actually quite upset; I mean, first day is when you make the friends that will determine whether your next three years will be hell or heaven. But thankfully, my v.good friend from KTAR days, MZ, who is very hot and very sociable, paved my way for me. I mean, when one's friend is pretty, popular and sociable, it helps to have her make friends first, you join in later. Muahahaha.

But yes, from first day, MZ had made friends with K, Bozu, and W. She told me when I called her, that W was loud, B was a little boy, and K was ok. Later, she changed it to W is obnoxious, Bozu is even a smaller boy than she thought and K is the hugest arse in the world. Hahaha.

But it was fun; the first semester was a fun-filled time with long breaks and all of us (me, MZ, K, W, Bozu and IS) having lunches all together. We were a group. A team. We used to walk to Sect 14 together.

Then 'The Pool Party' happened. Long story short, MZ and K were irreparably separated and hated each other with a passion. To tell the truth; K was a bit of an arse regarding that matter. And MZ was pissy for a long while. I was standing on MZ's side at that time, of course.

But then it kind of started to drift away; the little team we had. MZ and K were NOT on speaking terms so it became hard to keep the group together. The addition of Bra and HS was quick; somehow or other we became another group. Although the rest of the semester was a blur, I remember that I myself, too, started drifting away from MZ. W became out-casted quickly, she was becoming obnoxious and rude as well as loud. (Harsh, but true) IS was also kind of hanging out with us but not always.

Then second semester came along and all of a sudden I began to hang out a lot with K. It kind of began with a few LRT trips (walking to LRT station; he go bus stop, I go LRT) and suddenly I sort of noticed he wasnt such an arse after all; and that he could take jokes against himself very well. We began insulting each other in earnest and somehow managed to settle into some kind of friendship.

Fast forward to year two and ta-da, new classmates. YN, whom I knew was older but thats about it, M, whom I have discovered is a cool, funny and depressed person, and ST, whom I really dont know at all but hope to. And J, ahaha. Just in case he's reading this, I shall refrain from giving anything away. Muahaha. (And I know he occasionally wanders his way into me blog.)

My friendship with him, I think, is the BEST thing that happened to me this year. And that's the honest truth.

Ahem. Moving on. (Wow, I am inspired by J's post about friends.)

So now I have some really great friends, all of whom I genuinely think are great (albeit a little weird) and whom I genuinely like.

MZ, with whom I've been pals with 4 years now, and I am still very much friends with, even if she doesn't realise it.

K, whom I only really begun to know last semester but have settled into a strange, unusual yet comfortable friendship. If you're reading this, ugly, then scootch off cause you're ruining my blog's feng shui.

Bra, who reminds me strongly of my brother when my brother was fun to be with and who gives me a heart attack everytime I hitch a ride from him.

Bozu, where I am torn between ruffling his head, pinching his cheeks or just strangling him.

HS, who plain out scares me but is nonetheless extremely amusing and dead funny.

M, who I chat with anytime I can and am beginning to get to know.

And J, yes, J, who gives me great songs, who likes the same music, movies and books that I do, who has a great sense of humour, who I think is an awesome person, and -aha, but I am giving away too much! Muahaha. Better quit while I am ahead. There are some things that are not meant for blogs. Muahaha.

Ah, yes, also not forgetting friends from other courses!!!

V, my chatting partner. She is just as obsessed with hotties as I am, and we often drool over the male species (of the genetically-blessed kind). I think she is a great friend, but since she also wanders into my blog from time to time, I shall not say anything else or risk sounding like a kiss ass! Muahaha.

C and E, whom I got to know via K, and who I really think are all-round nice people.

Ah, now that it's all done, I would like to reflect back on the fact that I have friends.

It's a nice feeling. Yes, it is.



P/S: If at any one point you think I am sounding just a little gushy, well, I am. So sue me. I like my friends. I am strange that way.

1 comment:

vic said...

kiss ass, huh? i don't get my ass kissed very often...*rofl*
kidding, kidding..thanks, gurl! hottie watching is good for the soul! keke..u're a great friend too!
oh, and i must mention how freaky it is that time seems to have slipped by so quick.. 0_o