Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Today is a good day, by all means.



After last night's ranting (which K pointed out to me that it was major ranting, and sadly enough, he knows what caused the ranting, and sadly enough, he plans to use it as blackmail, oh joy, must find way to kill him and dump his body in an abandoned shack somewhere) I feel as if my inner juices have been spilled out.



But, back to today; met up with J and K at Kino (wish they had told me they had arrived, I was waiting like an anxious GF in front of Topshop, which totally ruined my reputation) and lo and behold! They have tickets and it is for Ratatouille, which me and J have been looking forward to seeing for some time. (Trying to act suprised and delighted, I think it makes for better reading, though, hell, we were planning it since last week)



The movie began with a short as usual, Pixar always does that. It was an amusing and highly entertaining little ditty on aliens sitting for abduction tests. It was an enjoyable little skit, for sure.

When the show started, we were taken by surprise by the introduction to the hero of the show, Remy the Rat. Grey, slim, and well-refined. With heightened taste buds. And oh yes, nearly killed.

Anyone watching, I am sure, would like Remy then and there. And the fun was just beginning.

The movie is about a rat, of all creatures. A lovable rat. A gourmet rat. A rat who wants to be more than just a rat. The rat of all rats. (I may never be able to kill a rat ever again. May even end up feeding one.)

While I would love to recap the whole movie, I shall not. I shall tuck it away safely for my own viewing in my head. All I shall say is that if you do not ctach this movie you WILL regret it, because it is funny, sweet, simple, inspiring, with excellent graphics and excellent storyline and witty dialogues.

Now, it has just struck me that I have niggling headache. May be from the lack of sleep....or something else.

It is dumb, but I feel like taking the plunge. I feel like just going for it, come what may. I feel like spilling my guts out, feelings be damned.

But I dare not. I am scared; scared of losing something good, scared of losing someone too important to me, scared of losing what little dignity I have left. I am frightened of going through the pain, the agony, the rejection. The feeling of utter despair that accompanies every decision I have made in this aspect. I am scared stupid of losing everything; because this time, I have something to lose. The last time I plunged, I had nothing to lose. But now I do.

But, to end on a brighter note, I enjoyed my outing today greatly. Thanks to great friends, a great movie and some nice chicken, albeit undercooked.

Perhaps only time will tell if I ever dive into the ocean again...and oh joy, I can't swim.

No comments: