Saturday, September 22, 2007

Banana Kaya Dessert, New Shoes, Maybe A Cough, Demetri Martin and Ninja Skills.




Hello all, yes, its me, PWMW, the One, the Only and the Whaley. I am Whale and proud of it. I like whales. I think they're cute. So, to prove a point..... Ta-da! This is a picture of a stuffed-toy Orca Whale. Look at it. Enjoy.


Banana Kaya Dessert


Is nice. Is tasty. Is sweet and is chewy. Could anyone ask for more in a dessert? Although the pizza at Domino's is tasteless at most times and bland at others; the Banana Kaya Dessert is NICE. It has little bits of banana on it and comes in a cute mini-pizza shape, dusted with icing sugar and topped with sweet pandan kaya. There is a hint of cheese in there too... but I was too distracted by the kaya. First time eating it and may eat it again. Seems to be the only nice thing there, really. Truth be told, Domino's pizzas are only so-so. For me personally, best of the fast-food pizza chains (meaning Shakeys, Pizza Hut, etc, not those uppity pizza places) is Shakey's. And it's not that expensive me thinks... about 5 bucks or so... it's a nice dessert la, but thats about it. But exercise caution with the pizza... eat 19 extra larges and you'll be constipated. Muahahaha.


New Shoes


Stumbled upon Vincci in my roaming of MidValley yesterday, lo! behold! They are having one of their major clearance sales (love those sales, 50% off and a lot in my size, cause 9 is not a common size) and ahaha, spotted a pair of pastel turqouise wedge sandals. Turned it over and saw RM17.95. Nearly died from a heart attack. SO CHEAP. And then, saw 9 (L) meaning size 9, LAST pair. I was gone. Slipped it on and LO! BEHOLD! It fits! I grabbed it so fast I left smoke trails. Made my decision in five minutes flat. LM and V were there; which prompted my quick decision, thanks to their valuable opinions. (Seriously. I can never make shoe buying decisions unless someone is there with me. So thanks, girls!) If I had been alone I would have been there staring at those shoes for half an hour before deciding I want a book instead; and end up eliciting a bundle of dirty looks from the shop assistant. My apologies to shoe-shop assistants everywhere. I prefer books. By far. But my brown sandals are gonna give way soon so I needed a new one anyway. Would have still preferred books though.


Speaking of books, there are classics like Middlemarch and Dante's Inferno going for 2 for price of 1.


Maybe A Cough


MZ is down with a cough and shaizer, I think I may have caught it. Had a nasty itch in my throat yesterday and coughed like mad, but it came and went as suddenly as money comes and goes. Haha. But I don't think I've got it... I am now well-defended with the return of my appetite (yay!) and my mom's Vitamin C. And since stress always makes you sick, and I am now in pace, I do not think I'll get it badly or anything.


Demetri Martin


One of the funniest people ever. And I know loads of funny people. He's a stand up comedian with the same dry wit as Seinfeld. Check out the link!


Ninja Skills


There are times when I wish I possessed HS's ninja skills. What wouldn't I give to disappear for just a while! But, in all essence, anything to do with not being seen or invisibility or inconspicuous-ness will be beyond me. Haha.



The Curious Incident of The Dog In the Night Time


The most bizarre yet interesting book I've EVER read. The sentence structure of this book is, simply put, absolutely appalling. But I enjoy long complex sentences (though this books takes long and complex to new heights, I was EXHAUSTED when I finished it) so all is well. Some of the sentences run to nearly 60 words. In all my life, even me, long-winded me; I can never achieve that many words in a sentence. All I've ever managed is 40. MAX. And that also I confused myself in the end. Every sentence in the book had me backtracking and re-reading just so I could understand what was going on. Am very surprised I finished it in under 3 hours. I was thinking to myself, 'Darn, I am going to be still reading this till I am old and grey and I have little 'uns running around'.


However, that aside, it was an absolutely ingenious, strangely touching book, with one of the most compelling and intriguing characters I've come across in a while. It really provides something new; something that was never really thought of before. If it were not for the tedious sentences, I would have given it a full 5/5. So I give it 4.9/5. Haha.



Okay, so I conclude here. Have used far too much Chlorox today and now feel very wwooozzy. Forgot I already used some and then I used some more. So double the usual amount today. Head spinning. Ergh. Goodnight all. I take nap. The Whale is OUT.

No comments: