Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Lego StarWars, DOTA, KTM, Doggies, Curry Noodles, Delicious Pork Thingy, Kajang Satay and All Round Great Outing

If ever I were to have another outing, it will be with the same 4 people. The same food-pigging. The same kind of fun. The same location. But with these 4, anywhere we go will be FUN anyhow. I am talking about Bra-man, V, K and J, o'course.

Yesterday was Monday. Also known as Funday. Or Foodday. Or DOTAday. Or, ah, hell, I'll just tell you the tale one by one.

LEGO STARWARS

This surely comes first. For the simple fact that its my (note: yesterday was a lot of 'firsts' for me) first time playing Lego Starwars on a PS2, and first time I got tricked by J (wait, no, J has tricked me many times, I think, just that I didn't notice) into double-jumping off the ledge and dying.

"Jump to the window there," he says, and I stupidly did. Even after asking him "Can reach meh?" and he just said "Can", I should have suspected something. I mean, think about it. The window is like, twenty light years away from where I was standing. But I jumped anyway. And realised I got bamboozled when my little Lego Skywalker smashed to bits and he took all my coins. And he threw in an evil cackle to boot. (If you've never heard J's evil cackle, just jump off a ledge somewhere and you can hear it on your way down.)

Oh, I tried. I tried to kill his little Lego character so many times with my light sabre. Except that he kept changing characters and I kept killing Amidala or that black dude. Oh, the frustration. Oh, the way I mashed the square button. All to no avail. Though, in the end, nothing else would have mattered... he jumped and I jumped. We both committed Lego Starwars Suicide.

Funniest game of Lego Starwars I have ever played. (Wait, ONLY Lego Starwars game I've ever played.) But if I were to have played it before, this would have still been the funniest I've ever played.

DOTA

I never thought for one minute I will ever see that word on my blog. I have played DOTA only once, really, on MZ's comp, and I thought it was fun and all, but no biggie.

Till yesterday.

First round, Bra and J owned. They whooped ass left and right while my ass got whooped left, right and centre. Had no idea what I was doing but I was enjoying myself nonetheless. My hero was this huge-ass guy with snot-spraying abilities. Which I did not use to full effect. Which I did not know how to use, period.

Then second round I used Jakiro, the twin-headed dragon (which is MZ's fav) and this time, I pawned TWO heads. TWO. Not one, TWO. (Very proud of myself, I am a quick learner) Thanks to Bra's excllent strategy and guidance. I did 'em in using a deadly combo of Dual Breath and Ice Path. And damn, the Macropyre Ulti is so cool.

I can now see why DOTA is addictive. The graphics are really quite cool and damn, I am gonna get me the CD.

And when I get me own room and me own comp, my parents will no longer know what I look like till I emerge from my lair many weeks later, hair unkempt and clothes crumpled with a dazed look and copious amounts of drool. I sense bliss and enjoyment..... on my part!

KTM

Sat on the KTM all the way to Kajang, and incidentally, yesterday was the furthest I have been away from home by myself. Yes, thanks, I am pitiful. LOL. The ride was suprisingly comfortable and not crowded. I had a good view of the stuff going on outside and it was really quite fun. Then J picked me up (the gang was already in the car) and we zoomed off to get us some curry noodles.

DOGGIES

After breakkie, we stopped by to J's place and lo! The Puppy Formerly Known as Golden was there, in all his golden cuteness. He jumped about a lot, but was all round adorable. And licky. Met Lana and Max; Lana is a really pretty German Sheperd mix and Max is a majorly drooly and ugly-but-adorable Boxer. Both were at ease with strangers. Then again, I love dogs, and even if they had both been vicious like Bra's dog I would have tried to pet them anyway. May have gotten my hand chewed off but I wouldn't have cared.

So K took Golden home and named him, you guessed it, Carlsberg. We all know that K had a drinking problem, and recovered when Ben-Eyed Moody took him to church and so he named Golden Carlsberg to remind him never to drink again and end up on the floor of a dingy and dodgy bar with three hundred and sixty one cans of Shandy in a pile next to him and two Alsatians chewing on his sleeves. He told me once that his lowest point was when he could no longer think of anymore insults to throw at me besides those about my whale-ness and lack of femininity. That was when he decided to kick the drinking habit.

CURRY NOODLES

Is one of the best I've eaten. I don't eat much curry noodles by nature, but this one was good. Not too spicy and the curry sauce was just hot enough without wreaking havoc on me insides. It was not too coconut-milk heavy and came with little bits of fish paste and meatballs. And fried tofu.

DELICIOUS PORK THINGY

All I can say is one word: DROOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Delicious. Don't really know what it's called, cause my Chinese is severely limited, but it was sweet and sour with a little wine thrown in. Very nice. Will ask J what it is called.

KAJANG SATAY

Is better than most KL satay. Seriously. In KL, satay is a mockery at most times. The beef is either tough as leather or the chicken is tasteless. The peanut sauce is normally watered down to save cost. Sheesh. And worse, in their haste to get it out, it comes half-cooked. So satay in KL, unless you're lucky enough to find one thats good, is usually half-hearted. One of the best I've ever eaten in KL is one that was near my place but moved away years ago. Sigh. Kajang satay (the one we went to eat) was good. Not the best, but good nonetheless. The beef was tender, the chicken was nice and the sauce (though they put sambal in it and I didn't quite like that) was also just right.

But in the end, yesterday was an all round GREAT outing. I enjoyed myelf immensely and will most likely do it again. Thanks to all for the great day and apologies for being such a pain in the rear. I, unfortunately, am a girl of many strange and bizarre quirks and many unreasonable phobias and restrictions. I am amazed that you all put up with me! LOL. So thanks. Having good friends is a great thing.

Ah, I end now. Don't sue me. I no longer have good lawyers because I could no longer afford to pay for their Hugo Boss suits. So now I have a never-sober, retired Matrimonial Law lawyer who cannot remember what his last name is, let alone defend my honour.

No comments: