Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Park-ing and Paralyzation

I am greatly heartened; even after yesterday's emo-ness (which spilled over to this morning) by the fact that once again, we had a study group and studied nothing. And oh, yes, I passed both the MTA and JR papers.

I've been really emo lately. Arrived at Uni this morning, dazed, emo-ed and sleepy. Struck again by the cruel slap of a man called Count Insomnia. Struck again by the gracious (yeah right) touch of Lady Emo. Struck again by how wise my dog is; she gave me a long, hard gaze yesterday when I bathed her that said, most aptly, "You feel the undeniable urge to make me squeaky clean and fluffy soft because your life is a complete mess, and so you take it out on the only creature in the world who loves you just the way you are, ME. Now hurry up and finish so I may go back to my very important doggy affairs."

But, even in her wisdom; she is unable to deny that I am, indeed, not quite right in the ol' noggin. Sigh. I sigh.

BUT!

Today, the matters at hand are more crucial:

Parking

Parking is like a six-headed monster in Sect 14. It thwarts your every move, your every plan, and burns you nice and crisp to boot, and if you're really lucky, one of the heads won't eat you and spit out your bones. It is like Hercules against the Ah, go!-nuts..., where every time you see a potential parking you go like YAY and then when it turns out to be some skinny dude fiddling about with his car, you go like, NUTS or worse, %^!#$^%!&@#$!$!!

I don't drive, and BOY am I glad I don't. It's awful when all you wanna do is eat some ice-cream and you can't even find parking to eat it in the comfort of McD's.

But I do wish I could sometimes, drive, I mean, especially when the buses delay you and time goes a-wasting. And having only one car and no guts....

Joke: Why didn't the Pauline cross the drain??

Cause she may fall through, get stuck, break her ribs, lose her two rabbit teeth and permanently traumatise her friends with the burden of dislodging her from the drain's evil clutches.

*insert sweat* *and the funny crow thing*

Paralyzation

K, in a spurt of utter idiocy, decided to throw my own stress ball at me while my back was turned. If I had a wand and magic, o'course, I would turn him into a ferret, cowardly thing to do; to attack when your opponent's back is turned...

He hit me squarely where my Medula Oblongata is. He hit me straight at my zen-spirit points. He attacked my vital lymph nodes. I could have been PARALYZED from neck down. I can see it now, a conversation with a bewildered doctor...

"Stress, you mean, she was paralyzed by stress."
"No, no, stress BALL. She was paralyzed by a stress BALL."
"Stress Ball? How can you be paralyzed by a stress ball?"
"Well, first of all, the velocity of the stress ball was at the fatal speed of 162 miles an hour, and though she may be well-blubbered everywhere else, her neck is strangely fragile and............."

Like J said, that's stuff for a documentary man, a documentary. They'll make Nat Geo episodes out of me. Till the year 2245. (If Earth is still around by then and we're not all six-eyed and eight-legged from mutation caused by radiation from our cell phones, computers and TV's.)

And so, I conclude, and I leave you with an excerpt from a great work of literature, a symbol of high culture, a magnum opus of magnificent proportions......

The Interpersonal Communications final-exam paper, 19th Sept 2007, 0900 hours, Section B: Question 1, and I give you my WORD this is a true excerpt.

Q1. Joshua has never experienced a serious love relationship and would like to find one. Educate him about what to expect in a relationship by briefly explaining the stages of interpersonal relationships and provide examples that demonstrate each stage.'


Bozu, I bid thee good luck!

1 comment:

jf said...

Jaslina, jaslina....