Thursday, September 6, 2007

Multimedia tools, Massive coronaries, Mom mayhem, Mad behaviour, Magic tricks and a culmination toward a slow painful death.

There are many strange things in my life. Truly, none so many as in HS's life, whose entire existence proves that the trickster god Anansi may actually exist. But I digress.

It is Day Two of Attempt to Study in A Group and this time, it bombed even more fantastically than yesterday. We laughed, we talked, we made jokes, we ate, we insulted, we discussed unfit things, we did everything normal (or maybe not so normal) people will do when in a study group, well, everything except actually study, o'course. Which is normal too.

Multimedia tools, I do declare, is a subject meant for those whose minds are filled with dark evil thoughts. This subject was designed to condone the twisted ways of twisted minds and to twist those who stand un-twisted to their twisted behaviour. You get it, its bloody twisted. And not the good kind of twisted way. There are many ways in which one can be wonderfully and excellently twisted (like Gaiman and his books, or Bra-man and his yellow brain, and J and his Bob the Builder speech) and maintain a healthy life and a solid education. But the kind of twistedness that is endorsed by that which we call Multimedia Tools is NOT the good kind which makes you laugh.

Massive coronaries were eminent, I do declare; when I heard the various ways innocent Christmas songs can be and were mutilated. Silver bells, silver bells, something something... *traumatised*

Mom mayhem; comes in the form of Mommy and dinner plans. I have lost count of the change of dinner plans we've had today, and it has just hit me that lately I have been losing my patience (though not my love, I love them to bits, I would take bullets for all five of my family members, I just wish they knew that!) with my parents.

It is with regret that I realise I have sounded, well, not rude per se, but impatient, cross almost, with my parents. As if they frustrate me; which they do, but then again... I just wish that sometimes, I could go off and do my own thing. It is an inherent problem in families like mine; when we are all too close, everyone is in everyone's life, no privacy whatsoever, everyone has got a nose or two in the cookie jar.

I envy, really, my friends who have the liberty (well, they have curfews and stuff but none so extreme as mine) to go off and make their own mistakes and experience life on their own. It is my wish, perhaps, someday, that my responsibilities won't be so much a burden as opposed to a privilege. I want to be able to bear responsibilities of my own and bear responsibilities for my family as well in a way that won't crush me as a burden; it will be almost a privilege instead.

I realise lately, with evermore increasing clarity, that I am extremely cloistered, and over-protected, and that someday I may lose my head completely and go raving, starking mad. And eat a chicken or two raw, perform several MZ-and-HS-style rituals and bite the head off a small defenseless wombat.

I am not unhappy; nay, far from it. I just want to please my parents in any way I can and I do it by usually just doing what they tell me to do. Still, a whale's gotta leave the, err, nest (?) someday! I do declare, right here, for all the world wide web to read that I LOVE MY PARENTS SO MUCH IT ISN'T REAL; I JUST WISH THEY WEREN'T SO ANCIENT.

Perhaps, in time, the 'jump' that J mentioned will happen.

Mad behaviour today is courtesy of K. He was almost manic and very OTT (nothing out of the ordinary, he is famous for getting high on 'ais kosong').

And Magic tricks! Due to the wonders of J and his inexhaustible supply of unusual, interesting and uncommon little bits of information; I experienced an eye-changing moment today. I crossed, I focused, I squinted -and out of a seemingly unintelligible mass of pictures came a pop-out 3-D image of a man with a sleeping child and a dog.

I never knew such things existed. Truly.

Painful and slow death, I think we all know why.

I had little sleep the night before, and with American Gods beckoning, I think I may succumb to the sweet mistress of Sloth.

And quote of the day, courtesy of V,

"See you on the Other Side!"

See you all on the other side then, truly. And if luck should so have it; I will emerge from my lair to show up in uni this Saturday.

No comments: